Re: Fixed Flashing '88' problem!

Jack

My first post here, so be gentle.

I only had this '88' issue when my midi input was connected while powering up. Solution: first power up, then connect midi in.

I'm using original firmware and I haven't check the version, but it's at least 2.4.

--- In fcb1010@..., "dudicus197923" <andrew.mccallister@...> wrote:

I'd also like to know more about how this. Seems like the solution to my issues also.

--- In fcb1010@..., Drop D <trixdropd@> wrote:

Any info on how you replaced the ram chip?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM, evansnigel16 <evansnigel16@> wrote:

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have managed to solve the
flashing '88' issue. I installed Un0, thinking that might work, but the
flashing was still there and I couldn't get into global mode.

Having read somewhere that it was something to do with RAM tests on
startup, I replaced my RAM chip with a suitable one from another
manufacturer, and..........Bingo!

All working fine now. I hope this helps others who may have a 'bricked'
FCB1010.

Regards,
Nigel