Re: best MIDI software with ubuntu

Bruce Collins

I lost a bit of data but i do bckup. They wanted 79 $ for another copy

On Aug 4, 2012, at 5:57 PM, EJ SHELDON <ejsheldon@...> wrote:

I don't understand. If you bought the laptop new with windows pre-installed (paid for the OS), then you should have a recovery disk. If all you need is a HD, then the recovery disk should restore to the new HD like new! As for lost data, if you weren't doing regular backups, well...DUH! That'll learn ya! If you've lost (or didn't get around to making) the recovery disk, then you should be able to get a copy from the mfr's support line/site (sometimes for a small fee). That's assuming, of course, that you registered when you bought it. I agree that it's a bitch that we no longer get an actual hard copy of windows with a new PC, but if you bought the laptops new and followed the mfr's instructions (as above), I don't see why you have to buy a new OS.

To: fcb1010@...
From: bruce_collins@...
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 16:17:10 -0400
Subject: RE: [fcb1010] best MIDI software with ubuntu

That was the most intelligent and appropriate answer and way more than expected! Thanks! So your sage advice -WINDOWS. The reason I refuse is that I have 2 laptops that crapped out and needed new harddrives and I think its BS that I have to buy an OS I ALREADY PAID FOR ONCE

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

=