Re: best MIDI software with ubuntu

Bruce Collins

Thanks for all the support folks! I'm kind of a guy who thinks things should work out of the box. Having trouble linking the fcb and programming every channel in the G Major

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

RAN <ran@unforgettable.com> wrote:

Loading time is 5 times better; and i have absolutely no touch screen except for my Motorola Xoom that doesnt really care bout microsoft products - now it recognized all of my drivers with a blink of an eye, did not crash a single time or maybe +once or twice (that is after 3 weeks of power on), got 3 x 3TB HDDs (recognized full 3TB as 1 partition while win7 you need to install seagate software where you have 2TB+remaining) and once you tailor make your UI (yes win8 default sucks if you aint got no touch screen) it is overall a lot better,faster and a more robust OS then any other windows developed since win3.1 onward.

Roger
Sent from my Blackberry device so please excuse my brevity

-----Original Message-----
Sender: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:16:41
To: fcb1010 yahoo<fcb1010@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [fcb1010] best MIDI software with ubuntu

I'm curious, Roger. For a typical user (not a developer), other than being pretty and advantages if you have a touchscreen - what do you see as the major improvements in W8?
To: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:10:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [fcb1010] best MIDI software with ubuntu

Hold your breath a bit more if you can for win8 is a LEAP from win7;used alpha and dev win8 it is amazing;i repeat. AMAZING.

RogerSent from my Blackberry device so please excuse my brevityFrom: EJ SHELDON <ejsheldon@msn.com>
Sender: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:02:07 -0600To: fcb1010 yahoo<fcb1010@yahoogroups.com>ReplyTo: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [fcb1010] best MIDI software with ubuntu

Don't go backwards to save a couple of bucks. XP was a good OS, I actually downgraded back after getting burned with Vista. But W7 IS a big improvement over XP. Of course, there'll always be someone who'll want to argue that point, but, yada yada, that's all it is. It's MUCH more stable, with none of the issues found in Vista. Get W7/64. BTW - I've been using W8 for a while now, and don't see much reason to wait for it's official release. Stay off the bleeding edge. Go with W7 (64bit) and wait till W8 SP1 to upgrade.

To: fcb1010@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 08:52:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [fcb1010] best MIDI software with ubuntu

You can get sealed copies of XP in various
incarnations from eBay or Craig's for $20 - $40 ... even better, you can get a
complete 'almost' modern desktop ... say, P4 @ 3 GHz and 2 gigs of ram with a
licensed OS for that same money. If you look a little bit you'll even get one
with a sound card that has a game port with a midi cable dongle &
cable.

A laptop would run a little bit more;
looking at the first page of the Vancouver Craig's right now there are two
desktops ($30 and $60) and a laptop ($49) that would fit the bill - mind you,
you'd need a midi interface if you didn't have a game port cable, and running
softsynths would be less fun. But as a FCB editor it's perfect.

P

Wow, that DOES suck! An OEM copy of w7/64 Home (get it where you buy the
HD) is only $99!

Join main@fcb1010.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.