Re: Custom simple EPROM

Musical Applications

> I wish I could decompile the official firmware.

I assume that the firmware was not written in a high-level language (C, C++, C#, Java).
Look out if you find an 8051 disassembler and assembler.

So, you may want to *disassemble* the firmware. (For example with http://www.bipom.com/dis51.php)

It probably will need some effort to understand the disassembly. It would be nice to hear, if you succeed...

Am 23.04.2018 um 18:55 schrieb jwheeler91@... [fcb1010]:

Hi,

I want to make an EPROM that:

  • sends momentary CC signals for each pedal including up down
  • sends value of expression pedals on change (usual behaviour)
  • accepts midi in for leds (on/off) above pedals and in config bar (including value on 7 seg displays)
  • accepts midi in for relays (on/off - including leds)
  • doesn't need to have presets
  • doesn't need to change its settings (although I might add this in the future.
I plan to the trouble is, I don't know where to start.

Is it written in C? or something else? How do I listen to midi, how do I target leds or buttons?

I wish I could decompile the official firmware.

Can anyone give me some tips?

P.s. I am a software engineer and amongst other languages I know Java and Swift and have used C# and small amounts of C and have written to PIC controllers when I was doing electronics A-level (UK) 11 years ago but can't really remember it very well.