Re: Conflict with controllers in Ableton? FCB1010 midi mapping works then fails

EJ SHELDON

TWO MIDI Monitors both report NOTE OFF from the FCB. One reports a VALUE of 64, the other reports 0.
Both report NOTE ON 127/NOTE OFF 127 from the APC mini, which is designed to work with Ableton.

I have no clue if the APC is sending NOTE OFF or just a NOTE ON with VALUE of 127.

So, I have two questions:

According to the UNO 1.0.2f docs (hope I read them right) the NOTE ON VALUE can be set GLOBALLY.
I followed the directions and set it to 127 on the board. That change is reflected in ControlCenter.

ControlCenter's MIDI Monitor reports:
NOTE ON = 127
NOTE ON = 0

Second question - AFAIK, MIDIOX is the BEST! If I can't trust it to know the difference between NOTE ON and NOTE OFF, is there a proper general purpose MIDI Utility that YOU recommend which tells the truth?

Also, is there a Plugin that speaks truth - I'm using MIDI Monitor from Insert Plz Here.

Thanks!