Re: Conflict with controllers in Ableton? FCB1010 midi mapping works then fails

EJ SHELDON

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 03:54 PM, ossandust wrote:
I tested it. MIDI-OX tells exactly what it is receiving.
Which is what the screenshot I posted above showed. But you're saying that the FCB sends on NOTE ON (what ControlCenter reports), and MIDIOX shows NOTE OFF when it's actually a NOTE ON, which means that even if it's reporting the VELOCITY accurately, it's NOT reporting exactly what it sees, or it would report NOTE ON, NOT NOTE OFF.

See what I'm getting at? ControlCenter reports correctly, which is great for the FCB, but IF there's a MIDI Utility which reports correctly, it would be nice to have it.

Truth is, it's never mattered before, and since Ableton will accept CCs, it doesn't REALLY matter now.
I just think that it would be nice to know what's REALLY coming out of a given device. Is it is, or is it not?
I'm just weird that way. :-)