Re: Conflict with controllers in Ableton? FCB1010 midi mapping works then fails

chrisw_63

Apologies if you know this already:  Note messges from the FCB1010 will send a Note On with the velocity you set when you press the foot switch, and a Note Off (zero velocity version) when you release it.  If you use a Note message to control something in Ableton Live, it knows to eat both the Note On and Note Off so they won't do anything odd.  So the two Note messages with velocity 127 (Hex 7F), and velocity 0 are the FCB1010 working as intended.  I've used it for the Play and Stop buttons, and the hidden All Stop button you mentioned, and all worked fine.  If it doesn't work for you, changing it to use a CC message will work as well.

Second:  The FCB1010 interface (your MIDISPORT) does NOT need to be in the top section of the MIDI settings window. Please remove it (and, if you need proof, see EJSHELDON's MIDI window a couple messages down from yours).  That could be the cause of the problem you're having - I kinda doubt it, but it's an easy thing to try.  Only controllers that need scripts go in that top section.