Re: Conflict with controllers in Ableton? FCB1010 midi mapping works then fails

EJ SHELDON

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 01:13 AM, ossandust wrote:
As all MIDI-OX screenshots show, you know exactly what's really coming out of a given device by looking at the status/data1/data2 values in the MIDI-OX monitor screen. Apparently you are confused by the fact that MIDI-OX calls the "90 xx 00" messages "Note Off", while the status message is 90, not 80, but still that is correct. The only error I see is in the Midi Monitor plugin screenshot, which shows an incorrect velocity value of 64 for the "90 01 00" message.
OK, you're getting a bit beyond me now. I don't speak HEX. Are you saying that in MIDIOX, the HEX message correctly shows NOTE ON while the translation shows NOTE OFF, and HEX also shows a correct VELOCITY value of 0 while the translation shows an incorrect value of 64? That would be two bugs in a utility that will, unfortunately, never be updated.

The very foundations of my MIDI belief system are shaken! :-)

As always, thanks for taking the time to reply. Your knowledge of this arcane subject is always enlightening!

As it was the only one of the three MIDI monitors that I used when tracking down this problem that reported correctly, I don't suppose there's any chance that you might take the MIDI Monitor part of ControlCenter and release it as a general purpose standalone utility?