Re: IMPORTANT: Group Funding Renewal Request #announcement #donations

Roger Colwell

Having realised that only the original message was sent to all members as a Special Notice, but replies are not, I've unlocked the topic again.

I'll take this opportunity to express my thanks to all those that have made a contribution as we are close to reaching the target for 2021.

I have received some private questions asking why we are paying for a Premium plan when we could revert to a free plan in October. My reasoning for this is that GIO provides a stable platform with no adverts, with support that is accessible, even direct communication is possible with the creator/developer, so it's worth supporting GIO with a contribution in the long-term, rather than revert to free membership which doesn't support GIO whatsoever! Having dealt previously with Yahoo's complete lack of communication facilities and knowing that Google also has no means to contact them for support about groups, it's a no-brainer to stay where we are and support GIO. YMMV?

The Premium plan provides lots of additional features on the admin side and, importantly, supports the inclusion and addition of subgroups (like our own FCB1010_UnO group) which a free account does not.
--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator