Re: Expression Pedal Output Sticks

Earth.Sky.Surf5@...

Thanks to all, hmm for some reason my earlier post tonight got clobbered, maybe needs admin to pass it. Any way, my power supply is good, the graduated grey plastic strip is good for alignment and seating.

Ossandust,
Very encouraging news. I just tested my unit again according to your instructions:
 * At the middle, with midi expression pedal values about 64, after at rest, will only respond after the pedal has moved an equivalent of 10 midi value units.
 * At the low end, with the midi expression pedal value about 1, after rest, will only respond after the pedal has moved an equivalent of 10 midi value units.
 * After the above two tests, the minimum midi value change is between 1 and 2 units, but does not take much for it to reset to waiting for the 10 midi value change for it to kick back into action.

Ok, so why does it matter for me you might ask. At the moment I am using the expression pedal for a wah wah effect on an electric violin, nailing the right frequency is important, otherwise the bandpass filter hits the wrong frequency and the effect I want is lost. As an example, using a centre frequency of 127 kHz, moving the pedal by 11 midi units causes the frequency to change to 166 kHz which is equivalent to 4.6 semi-tones -- ouch! When the midi value changes by 1 unit, this reduces to a more respectable 0.4 semi-tone frequency change. Besides having to over jiggle the expression pedal to 10 units before it comes alive is just not workable musically.

Regards,
Norman.