FCB1010 + TSE X50 + Reaper + LoopMIDI?

Tim Brown

Hi everyone,
I'm having a heck of a time with my 1010.  I have the free version of the TSE X50 (VST amp head) and I'm trying to get my FCB (no UnO) to change the channel switch (clean to dirty) on the head.  I use Reaper and it sees the FCB just fine and is receiving MIDI just fine.  But when I go to MIDI learn the parameter in Reaper it captures a PC command instead of CC and so it won't actually switch the channel.  I have an older free FCB editor and it says I can setup 2 CC's, but I'm not sure how to actually get the floorboard to send that message.  Plus, I have other FX VST's that I'd like to switch on and off stompbox style as well.
I asked on one of the Reaper Facebook groups and someone recommended that I use LoopMIDI to change all the PC's to CC's, but I can't figure out how to do that.  Has anyone else used LoopMIDI (or something else?) to do this?  I can't find any useful tutorials that talk about it.

Thanks for any help,
Tim B.