Re: FCB1010 + TSE X50 + Reaper + LoopMIDI?

Tim Brown

Well, I want to says thanks again for all the help.  I think I finally have it working the way I want.
Turns out I was fighting several problems without realizing it. (All of them were stupid, FYI!) First, I did still have the PC switch on, so the CC wasn't being seen in Reaper. Stupid user!
Second, I have learned my MIDI cables are too old and have started to flake out. Sometimes they transmit, sometimes not. So that was causing me grief getting the sysex file from my laptop to the FCB as well as getting consistent behavior when switching things on and off. And finally, after I did get the parameter mapped, I learned that I had to clear the envelope in Reaper, otherwise it still wouldn't take the input from the FCB in realtime.
Sheesh!!
But it's doing what I intended in the first place finally so thank you for putting up with me!

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020, 4:22 AM <Earth.Sky.Surf5@...> wrote:
Perhaps the answer is much simpler, assuming all you want to do is toggle a CC from say 127 to 0 and do not want to send a Program Change message, just turn off the Program Change message. From memory when you create a new assignment on the FCB1010 (original Behringer chip) Program Change (PROG CHG1) is on, so just hold that button "1" down for a couple of seconds to turn it off.

If my assumption was wrong, then trick Reaper, if you have another midi keyboard, assigned the continuous controller to the same CC id used on your foot controller, wiggle the CC on the keyboard so Reaper can learn it, the swap the midi cables back to the foot controller -- done.