Re: Yahoo Groups killed on Dec.15, 2020

David Kramer

Sounds to me like we each need to send $10.00 to someones paypal account and then pay the tab.
give me an address and I'll send mine ASAP.

On 10/12/2020 4:46 PM, Roger Colwell wrote:
On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 09:07 PM, the kicker wrote:

Wots gonna happen to our group? R we shifting to the alternatives yahoo provided such as google groups? (I hate FB)

December 15th, 2020 is the deadline

As you may have already surmised from Chris' reply, we haven't been a Yahoo-hosted group since October 21st 2019, when we migrated all the messages and most of the remaining content to Groups.io -- it seems you didn't spot the date correctly -- Yahoo's deadline was in December 2019, not 2020! Oh, and by the way, Yahoo didn't provide any alternatives -- they did absolutely nothing other than shaft the membership of all the groups that they hosted, by removing all the content, message history, files, pictures etc., leaving everyone with just an unmoderated email-only listserv, should they chose to remain there -- WE DIDN'T!

Also, because you posted the same message content twice, I've combined the topics and removed one of your opening messages ...

--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator