Re: Yahoo Groups killed on Dec.15, 2020

Ashley J Gittins

On 2020-10-13 07:46, Roger Colwell wrote:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 09:07 PM, the kicker wrote:

Wots gonna happen to our group? R we shifting to the alternatives yahoo provided such as google groups? (I hate FB)

December 15th, 2020 is the deadline

As you may have already surmised from Chris' reply, we haven't been a Yahoo-hosted group since October 21st 2019, when we migrated all the messages and most of the remaining content to Groups.io -- it seems you didn't spot the date correctly -- Yahoo's deadline was in December 2019, not 2020! Oh, and by the way, Yahoo didn't provide any alternatives

I was thinking the same thing, but went and checked - sure enough Yahoo *are* shutting down all groups come Dec 15, 2020 (the 2019 change was a hobbling - removing storage etc, but they still had functional mailing lists). Of course this doesn't affect fcb1010 since you moved it long ago. This time at least (as kicker noted) they have - in as low-effort a way as possible - suggested alternatives.

Ash