Re: Yahoo Groups killed on Dec.15, 2020

Roger Colwell

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:35 PM, Ashley J Gittins wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, but went and checked - sure enough Yahoo *are* shutting down all groups come Dec 15, 2020 (the 2019 change was a hobbling - removing storage etc, but they still had functional mailing lists). Of course this doesn't affect fcb1010 since you moved it long ago. This time at least (as kicker noted) they have - in as low-effort a way as possible - suggested alternatives.

Hi Ash, many thanks for posting that (and apologies to the kicker), I had no idea -- can't say I'm surprised! Thanks also for the hyperlink, especially as I also run a different (smaller) group that remains on Yahoo, that I already created a clone of on GIO, last year, but we haven't yet switched ...

@David: many thanks for your generous donation!!

--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator