Re: Missing something very basic!

EJ SHELDON

It sounds like you're in "Direct Select" mode. If, after you press 1, you then press another pedal, for instance, 3, you'll then go to preset 13, and that's what the FCB will send via MIDI. In that mode, the UP/DOWN pedals toggle the two analog switches. If you deactivate DIRECT SELECT, then the UP/DOWN pedals select the Bank#, and the numbered pedals select presets 1-10 in that bank.

I could explain how to do that, but that would involve a lot of typing that's already been done by Behringer in the User's Manual. All programming can be done manually, which is a PITA.

First thing to do is a Factory Reset. Turn off the unit. Reboot while holding pedals 1 + 6. The display will start a countdown, at which point you can release the pedals. When the countdown ends the display will read "00", and you'll be in normal (not Direct Select) mode.

Now, you can drive yourself crazy reading the entire User's Manual 20 times, OR you can get a proper Editor. If you have the stock chip, you can use the FREE Ed Dixon Editor which is available in the FILES section. It's ancient and no longer supported, but does work.

OR, and this is my recommendation, you can spend $20 for the UNO_ControlCenter Editor. FAR superior, MUCH easier to use, works with the stock chip as well as UNO, and actively supported by the author and many users right here on this forum.

https://www.fcb1010.uno/

IMO, you'd be a fool not to.

You didn't mention what your intended use for the FCB is, but lots of people here have used it for all sorts of stuff, and we'll be happy to help.