Volume pedal starts at -db

steve alldridge

Hi guys I have owned the 1010 for one day and am ok with programming patch changes into my line 6 HX STOMP.
Having calibrated my expression pedals I have assigned the volume pedal to the the output volume of a HX stomp patch.
The issue I have is when I select the patch I need  to move the volume pedal to get any volume. It starts at - volume and the volume pedal needs moving to get any sound no matter where the volume rocker is set.
Does anyone know her way around this?
Also can anyone recommend a good editor for either PC or mac which would make this a lot easier.