Re: yamaha Tyros 5 with FCB1010

JM

Hi William

I'm also looking fordward for doing the same, but I haven't had the time yet. Anyway, I found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqt-fk5ZyWk

It is unfortunatelly in german, but I think you may understand what he is doing. Anyway, I saw it and basically you do it the same way as with the Yamaha MFC 10:

  1. Choose a Midi Configuration on your Tyros:
    • Press the button: "Function"
    • Then click "MIDI"
    • Chooose the MIDI preset you want to modify
    • Press: "Edit"
  2. Go to the tab: "MFC10"
  3. Once there, you should see some where the settings for the MIDI port: either: "MIDI A" or "MIDI B". Choose the port where you connected the FCB1010 (It should be connected to one input port) -> Minute 1:54
  4. Setup also the MIDI channel the same as the one on your FCB1010 -> Minute 2:29
  5. You will see there the notes that you have to send from the FCB1010 and what they will do -> Minute 2:40
    You will see on the second column the note you have to send and on the third column you will see the function. You can modify those functions by pressing the display buttons.
After you have done that, then you need to setup the FCB1010:
  1. Turn on the FCB1010
  2. Choose the Bank you want to use with the "UP" and "Down" switches -> Minute 5:00
  3. Activate the switch you want to setup, ie: push the switch 1. It doesn't have to have the same order as in the table from the Tyros. At the end what matters is the note you send
  4. Press the "Down" switch for a few seconds until the display doesn't show anything -> Minute: 5:20
  5. Press once the "Up" switch
  6. Turn off all switches that are on, by pushing them few seconds -> Minute 5:58
  7. Once all are off, press the switch 10 (NOTE) once, then a second time and leave it pressed until it turns on. Finaly press it again and then the LED will blink -> Minute 6:23
  8. Press the switch UP/ENTER. You will see that the display blinks and you will see "00" -> Minute 6:46
  9. Now you can enter the note number that you setup on the Tyros. It will display a table with the equivalences of the note numbers and the musical notes on minute: 7:05
  10. You have two ways of setting the note number:
    • With the left foot pedal -> Minute 7:24
    • Or you can press the note number by using the switchs, which are numbered from 1 till 10 (or zero)
  11. Once you see the note you want, then press the switch: "UP/ENTER"
  12. Repeat steps 3 until 11 to programm the other notes you want
  13. Exit the programm mode by pressing the "DOWN/ESCAPE" until the display changes -> Minute 7:52
  14. If you haven't done it yet, then connect the FCB1010 to the MIDI A or MIDI B input port, according to the one you setup on the Tyros
  15. If you want to setup more functions on the Tyros, then on the keyboard display, choose the other setting you want and adjust it as required -> Minute 8:43
  16. You can setup the first 10 notes on a FCB1010 bank -> Minute 9:44
  17. From the 11th note, you can setup them on another FCB1010 bank -> Minute 9:47
  18. You can setup upto 29 notes, this is 3 banks on the FCB1010
In theory you should be able to use the functions now. If not, then check the MIDI Channel for NOTE messages on the FCB1010 (From minute 10:35)
  1. Turn off the FCB1010
  2. Keep the "DOWN" switch pressed, then turn it on -> Minute 11:03
  3. Do not release the switch until the "DIREC SELECT" LED turns green -> Minute 11:11
  4. Press the "UP" switch once -> Minute 11:20
  5. The led: "MIDI FUNCION" blinks -> Minute 11:22
  6. Press the switch 10 (NOTE) once, then it will start blinking. On the display, you will see the MIDI channel used for sending notes -> Minute 11:31
  7. To change it, press the "UP/ENTER" switch, the display starts blinking -> Minute 11:47
  8. You can then input the channel you want by pushing the respective pedal numbers -> Minute 11:57
  9. Then press the "UP/ENTER" switch -> Minute 12:07
  10. Exit from the global settings by pressing the "DOWN/ESCAPE" switch by few secons -> Minute 12:13
I haven't tried this, but I will. It seems that it is working also for the Tyros.

Best regards
Josef