Re: Updated: FCB1010 Groups Running Costs 2021-2022 #donation-request

Roger Colwell

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 09:09 PM, Phil Aspire wrote:
Happy to contribute but what amounts are we talking about?
I will soon be suspending the Donations sections in both this Main group and the UnO subgroup as soon as I'm aware of what the Stripe fees will be in total,
so I want to express a huge thank you to those contributors who answered the call so speedily and generously, in all cases!

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 07:24 PM, <rmilby@...> wrote:
Is there a $$  goal, will we be repeating this annually?
Yes, there will likely be another request this time next year and any surfeit will be held to be used then.

Whilst I concede it's great to get a 'free lunch' in life, in terms of the massive improvements in quality of service here at GiO, when compared to the sub-standard offerings by Yahoo, plagued by adverts and problems etc., in my opinion it's absolutely true that 'you get what you pay for' and we do, using this platform. Not only is it in continuous developmental flux, all the Premium group owners have immediate access to the developer, Mark Fletcher, should any glitches or issues be identified. Additionally, none of our data or details are scraped and passed on elsewhere; there are extremely low possibilities of being targeted by spammers, scammers and ne'er-do-wells; there are no adverts; we have all manner of features that we have yet to use and an abundant amount of storage space! What is there not to like? What "...lot more flexibility to help each other" could be seen elsewhere that we don't already have?

Thank you again for the generous donations; it's a pleasure managing this group ...

--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator