Re: Brand New FCB1010 240V model for sale

Joseph Mt

I have not had any problems after changing the internal voltage tap and my FCB1010 is fully functional for the last four years.

On Thursday, 7 October, 2021, 12:00:31 am GMT-4, mangsong <mangsong@...> wrote:

A local electrician noted the step up transformers do not alter the operating frequency - 50hz at 240V, vs 60hz at 120V.  Does the present an issue if the internal voltage is switched down to 120?

On Oct 6, 2021, at 8:51 PM, Jack Fenton via groups.io <jack_fenton@...> wrote:

Yep, it looks like I was right. As I said, by decreasing the voltage by 1/2 you double the value of the fuse rating.  At 240 the rating is 50mA and at 120 the rating is 100mA. Simple electronics math. to maintain the same poer rating   P=I*E  where P = Power or Wats,  I is Amps and E is Voltage