EPROM-Version

Musical Applications

Hello everybody,

I am just wondering, how the firmware / EPROM version is determined via MIDI. I know that the PC tools can do it (but not all tools do it correctly.)
So, I assume that the EPROM version is not stored in the SysEx file, which can be downloaded. (Or am I wrong?)
Is there a SysEx command to read the version?
If so, how does the read data map to the version?
How to distinguish between an official Behringer firmware and the UnO firmware?

Thanks for an answer in advance...
michaeL

Mohammad Hussain <anothermohammad@...>

Huh?

On Feb 25, 2016 7:07 PM, "musical.applications@... [fcb1010]" <fcb1010@...> wrote:

Hello everybody,

I am just wondering, how the firmware / EPROM version is determined via MIDI. I know that the PC tools can do it (but not all tools do it correctly.)
So, I assume that the EPROM version is not stored in the SysEx file, which can be downloaded. (Or am I wrong?)
Is there a SysEx command to read the version?
If so, how does the read data map to the version?
How to distinguish between an official Behringer firmware and the UnO firmware?

Thanks for an answer in advance...
michaeL

Waleed Crypto

Hello,

Greetings and congratulations on your new FCB1010. PC editor should read your version quite correctly, however the most solid approach to getting your correct version is to uncover the back of your fcb, I believe this will get unscrewing 16 screws included the six on the middle and omitting the two on the top left if I Recall right, then take a look at the printed version om the microcontroller it will be stated clearly.

Walid,
Sent from Sony Xperia ™

On Feb 26, 2016, at 5:07 AM, "musical.applications@... [fcb1010]" <fcb1010@...> wrote:

Hello everybody,

I am just wondering, how the firmware / EPROM version is determined via MIDI. I know that the PC tools can do it (but not all tools do it correctly.)
So, I assume that the EPROM version is not stored in the SysEx file, which can be downloaded. (Or am I wrong?)
Is there a SysEx command to read the version?
If so, how does the read data map to the version?
How to distinguish between an official Behringer firmware and the UnO firmware?

Thanks for an answer in advance...
michaeL

ossandust

Version request =
F0-00-20-32-01-0C-40-F7
Version response =
F0-00-20-32-01-0C-1E-0D-F7 (Behringer 2.5.0)
F0-00-20-32-01-0C-07-0E-F7 (UnO 1.0.2f)
F0-00-20-32-01-0C-08-0E-F7 (UnO 1.0.3)
F0-00-20-32-01-0C-09-0E-F7 (UnO 1.0.4)

Musical Applications

Thank you very much for your replies!

To OssanDust:
This is exactly that, what I was looking for. I verified this with MIDI-OX and two MIDI yokes.
So, if I understand it correctly:
F0 start of SysEx message,
00 20 32 is the manufacturer ID of Behringer,
01 seems to be the device ID (a.k.a. global channel),
0C seems to be the model ID (i.e. the ID of the FCB1010),
40 command for version request OR version response data
F7 end of SysEx message.

And the response data is a number which maps (by the help of lookup table) to the firmware version.
So, there is no formula, isn't it?
Where is the "border" between the Behringer and the UnO version?
(Smaller than 10 00 00 is UnO, otherwise it is Behringer?!)

ossandust

Correct. The Behringer version response contains 2 version bytes, I don't know their meaning, I just noticed :
Behringer v.2.4 = 1D-0D
Behringer v.2.5 = 1E-0D
So I started numbering UnO versions with
UnO v.1.0.0 = 00-0E
up till the most recent one
UnO v.1.0.4 = 09-0E

Musical Applications

OK, thanks. I see.
There is at least no easy mapping between the two version bytes and the version number itself.
So, it may be a number in little endian format, for example 0x0D1D, 0x0D1E for the Behringer Firmwares or the 0x0D identifies a release type.
However, the PC editors can not detect the firmware version correctly unless they have the mapping (look up table).