Topics

Which Prom is the best to use with Ableton and which mode of that Prom?

Stephen Hannah

Hello!

I'm hoping to use my FCB1010 primarily with Ableton as a midi controller to live loop. Between the factory/original Prom, Uno, and EurekaProm, which is the best? Also, which setting (IE - EurekaProm Programmable mode, original Prom with sending notes and not CCs, etc...) is best?

In the original Prom, tap-tempo midi signals and other unintended midi signals keep getting sent - making Ableton programming and usage difficult.

Has someone cracked the nut on this? If yes, could you send over the Sysex you're using?

Thanks so much, all!!! Happy to send more info if it'd be helpful.

Michael McInerney

I’m no expert. I use the factory everything and program in as I need. Seems to work for my needs which are layering multiple instruments and tracks for loops and film.

I’d be happy to know other’s ways too!

Michael

I'm hoping to use my FCB1010 primarily with Ableton as a midi controller to live loop. Between the factory/original Prom, Uno, and EurekaProm, which is the best? Also, which setting (IE - EurekaProm Programmable mode, original Prom with sending notes and not CCs, etc...) is best?

In the original Prom, tap-tempo midi signals and other unintended midi signals keep getting sent - making Ableton programming and usage difficult.

Has someone cracked the nut on this? If yes, could you send over the Sysex you're using?

Thanks so much, all!!! Happy to send more info if it'd be helpful.

Raul Ramirez Ramirez <raulramirezramirez@...>

Por favor me pueden enviar la información en español.

Gracias

Raúl Ramírez Ramírez
Gerente General
Ramírez Editores y Consultores S.A.C.
www.ramirezcontabilidad.com
www.linkedin.com/in/raulramirezramirez
www.facebook.com/ramirezcontabilidad
Tel 989 396 861
raulramirez@...

El miércoles, 4 de marzo de 2020 04:56:58 a. m. GMT-5, Michael McInerney <mickiemac@...> escribió:

I’m no expert. I use the factory everything and program in as I need. Seems to work for my needs which are layering multiple instruments and tracks for loops and film.

I’d be happy to know other’s ways too!

Michael

I'm hoping to use my FCB1010 primarily with Ableton as a midi controller to live loop. Between the factory/original Prom, Uno, and EurekaProm, which is the best? Also, which setting (IE - EurekaProm Programmable mode, original Prom with sending notes and not CCs, etc...) is best?

In the original Prom, tap-tempo midi signals and other unintended midi signals keep getting sent - making Ableton programming and usage difficult.

Has someone cracked the nut on this? If yes, could you send over the Sysex you're using?

Thanks so much, all!!! Happy to send more info if it'd be helpful.

Roger Colwell

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 07:03 PM, Raul Ramirez Ramirez wrote:
Por favor me pueden enviar la información en español.
It is possible for you to make your own English to Spanish translations by using Google Translate:
https://translate.google.es/
Puede realizar sus propias traducciones del inglés al español utilizando Google Translate:
https://translate.google.es/

--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator

chrisw_63

UnO, with the UnO Control Center, without reservation.  It makes programming the FCB1010 a hundred times easier, AND you can turn off the annoying Tap Tempo function.  Worth every penny.

'Stomp' mode is the only 'mode' I know of (never used Eureka), and I don't use it.  I can't see my feet while sitting at the keyboard, so "das blinkenlights" don't help me at all.  If you like the indicator lights, and can see them while you play, or if you find a need for keeping one row of five foot switches doing only one thing while you use banks to change the other row, Stomp mode is for you.

Hope this helps.