Topics

Brand New dummy ;-)

EJ SHELDON

Only had time for Cold Sweat, but way cool!
I also have a Steinie (Spirit), and a Steinie bass.
Very under appreciated instruments.

Matt Miller

Dear EJ
           You THE man,   You are sooooo kind in helping everyone !
Starting at the end of your letter.......The reason I use my Laptop, is for 2 things.
1.  Its my outdoor battery backup BAND !  I use Sound Forge to play ~ 50 different Loops/songs :-)
2.  As well as my effects, via Native Guitar Rig
( I can even run a Mic and my guitar in separate stereo channels in GR :-)  )

As an Outdoor Busker.......since the Laptop is running on Battery, as everything else........ its a 'keeper' :-)

Since the FCB is soooo huge.....I was thinking that it would be nice to have the GR Synth under my chair ( I sit), out of the way.
with the FCB controlling it.
I only use ~ 8 presets on the GR Synth, and only ~ 2 mainly from Guitar Rig ( could be 4-8 if I can get this all working)
I do want the Wah :-)

So, as you suggest  I'll buy the Software.........and see if that's enough for me :-)

The Helix....no money.....and ........I really do LOVE my quad Delay in Guitar Rig

fyi...Everything I run has its own state of the art, rechargeable batts!
Roland Cube Street EX
A Video Lighting 12V Battery Belt powers my Synth :-)
Behringer ( 2 - 9V) Mixer
and Laptop ...which powers my Focusrite 2x4 USB Audio with Native GR Effects and Band :-)

Here's my schtick with tons of video samples
http://onemanmatt.com/

EJ SHELDON

If all you need to do is change Presets then no, you don't need UNO. I do, however, recommend getting the UNO_ControlCenter Editor. It works with UNO AND the stock Chip. If you want to, say, turn ON/OFF devices (OD, Fuzz, Delay, Reverb, etc) then get the UNO Chip.

You're using two physical devices. You'll want them receiving PC (Program Change = PC) messages on  2 different MIDI Channels.
Likewise, Expression pedal info (Wah, Volume, Delay time, etc). You can assign one Expression pedal to each device, or both to one, and do so per FCB preset, by using separate MIDI Channels, and unlike the ON/OFF controllers, you can change the MIDI Channels per FCB Preset.
With UNO you'll have 5 ON/OFF buttons in each FCB Bank. They'll send the same 5 CC (Continuous Controller messages) on the same 2 MIDI Channels, in every FCB bank.
Each ON/OFF button can send 2 different CC messages, on separate MIDI Channels. But they'll be the same messages on the same channels in every bank.

Those are just a few examples things to think about.

You're wanting to do a LOT.
You'll need to be specific about EXACTLY what you want to be able to do, and you'll need an in-depth understanding of how GR5 and the GR9 work.

If you search recent threads on using GR5, I've provided in depth instructions and a UNO_ControlCenter (Editor) sysex for use with GR5.
Once you've read up on it and tried the provided sysex, I'll be happy to answer specific questions
I know bupkus about the GR9.

You mentioned being a Computer Pro. When I worked in that field I made good money, and music was a hobby.
If this describes your situation, then I recommend that you dump the FCB for a Line6 Helix (best Multi-fx + MIDI implementation). The Helix is very capable of controlling the GR9, probably better than the FCB, even with UNO, and you can put the GR9 in a Helix FX loop, thus integrating the whole system. It also sounds MUCH better (and has better support) than GR5, and eliminates the fragile computer from the live performance scenario.

Just sayin'.

Matt Miller

Hi all
          I bought an FCB years ago, and havn't used it as I'm 99% a Busker....outdoors on Batteries! :-)
But now, I'm starting to book indoor gigs.  I'm a computer pro....but a rank beginner.with MIDI
So I apologize for asking for help as I've been  getting emails for years...... you get the idea

I want to use my FCB to control my Native Guitar Rig 5 and my Roland GR9 Guitar Synth

So do I need the UNO?  And editor?  $50 is not make or break me $.....but If I don't need?
If you recommend that I should, then I will :-)

I want to be able to use the Pedals to change sounds in the Roland and Guitar Rig
and use the Volume and Wah

Thats all :-)

Thank you in advance !!!
Very Kind of you!