fcb1010 stays in 88 after SEND SETUP from UnO2 Control Center

uno@...

I have to turn off an on the fcb1010 after every SEND SETUP, then it works, again, so the setup was obviously sent correctly.
I have tried a RESET on the fcb1010 as well, but that had no effect.
Can anyone help? Anybody with the same problem?

ossandust

The UnO2 firmware shows "88" when it starts receiving a patchdump, and shows the current bank number (normally 01) when the setup is loaded. If you send me your setup I can check if has an issue which can cause it not to be loaded correctly. Else it's an issue with the MIDI-USB interface (although I would expect the editor to detect that)

Jack Fenton

Maybe you have MIDI Thru set up on your FCB 1010.  Turn it off in Uno2 Control Center. It will cause a nasty MIDI loop (I believe) if you have it on while sending the configuration.

uno@...

Hey Jack - do you mean in the MIDI monitor? There MIDI IN -->   --> MIDI OUT is not active.
But I liked your thought, so I tried to deactive MIDI THRU in the Global Configuration of the fcb1010 - just to find out I cannot enter it any more?!?
At least not by holding DOWN when switching on. Is there a different way to enter Global Configuration with the UnO2?

uno@...

Edited

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.

Christopher Masto

This might be the same bug I found a whole back and totally forgot to report.. sorry! I am trying to remember the trigger, but I know it had to do with sends and waits on initialization.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 5:41 PM, uno@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.
<oo_210222_BlackBox.txt>

Christopher Masto

Here's a relatively short test case that causes the same symptoms on mine:

// trigger crash after send setup

TRIGGERS =
{
   Switch1
}

BANKS =
{
   oops : Switch1 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
}

CHANNEL c = 13

INIT_BANK oops = {
   SendMidi c CtrlChange 30 127
   Wait 1
   SendMidi c CtrlChange 30 0
}

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:42 PM Christopher Masto <chris@...> wrote:
This might be the same bug I found a whole back and totally forgot to report.. sorry! I am trying to remember the trigger, but I know it had to do with sends and waits on initialization.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 5:41 PM, uno@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.
<oo_210222_BlackBox.txt>

Jack Fenton

No, it was just a guess.  I think in the Uno2 manual it says to have MIDI thru disabled when sending a configuration.  Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm not having any issues in programming my FCB1010 and I never have MIDI thru enabled (except when I tested it for compatibility on the web UNO2). In that I had to have MIDI thru set for it to pass the UNO2 test.