fcb1010 stays in 88 after SEND SETUP from UnO2 Control Center

Jack Fenton

No, it was just a guess.  I think in the Uno2 manual it says to have MIDI thru disabled when sending a configuration.  Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm not having any issues in programming my FCB1010 and I never have MIDI thru enabled (except when I tested it for compatibility on the web UNO2). In that I had to have MIDI thru set for it to pass the UNO2 test.

Christopher Masto

Here's a relatively short test case that causes the same symptoms on mine:

// trigger crash after send setup

TRIGGERS =
{
   Switch1
}

BANKS =
{
   oops : Switch1 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
}

CHANNEL c = 13

INIT_BANK oops = {
   SendMidi c CtrlChange 30 127
   Wait 1
   SendMidi c CtrlChange 30 0
}

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:42 PM Christopher Masto <chris@...> wrote:
This might be the same bug I found a whole back and totally forgot to report.. sorry! I am trying to remember the trigger, but I know it had to do with sends and waits on initialization.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 5:41 PM, uno@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.
<oo_210222_BlackBox.txt>

Christopher Masto

This might be the same bug I found a whole back and totally forgot to report.. sorry! I am trying to remember the trigger, but I know it had to do with sends and waits on initialization.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 5:41 PM, uno@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.
<oo_210222_BlackBox.txt>

uno@...

Edited

Hi ossandust
10

,

The MIDI interface is a Steinberg UR22, and usually it's pretty good.
Thanks a lot for your offer to take a look at the setup file. I attached it to this answer.

uno@...

Hey Jack - do you mean in the MIDI monitor? There MIDI IN -->   --> MIDI OUT is not active.
But I liked your thought, so I tried to deactive MIDI THRU in the Global Configuration of the fcb1010 - just to find out I cannot enter it any more?!?
At least not by holding DOWN when switching on. Is there a different way to enter Global Configuration with the UnO2?

Jack Fenton

Maybe you have MIDI Thru set up on your FCB 1010.  Turn it off in Uno2 Control Center. It will cause a nasty MIDI loop (I believe) if you have it on while sending the configuration.

ossandust

The UnO2 firmware shows "88" when it starts receiving a patchdump, and shows the current bank number (normally 01) when the setup is loaded. If you send me your setup I can check if has an issue which can cause it not to be loaded correctly. Else it's an issue with the MIDI-USB interface (although I would expect the editor to detect that)

uno@...

I have to turn off an on the fcb1010 after every SEND SETUP, then it works, again, so the setup was obviously sent correctly.
I have tried a RESET on the fcb1010 as well, but that had no effect.
Can anyone help? Anybody with the same problem?