bin file for uno?

chrisw_63

I don't believe you can.  Selling the BIN file would lead to pirating for sure.  You can buy the pre-programmed EPROM from Ossandust at https://www.fcb1010.eu/.

lindsay mannix

This is really my point

I don't want to pay pirates
Who is the copyright holder ?
If i must purchase it then knowing that the reward goes to the hard work is fine by me .
I have all the smarts so my question is still . Where can i get/buy  the BIN file ?

Lindsay

Bryce Fellbaum

One might consider avoiding purchasing to be financial gain?

EJ SHELDON

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 06:30 AM, Dale Newton wrote:
Hacking is not pirating.

Decent people know the difference between right and wrong.
We don't need no stinking governments and lawyers to define it for us.
The Marines were originally created to deal with pirates.
We need to create a Cyber-Marine Corps and send them to eBay!

HAH! My rant for the day!

chrisw_63

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Organization
Covers just about everybody.  Of course, that's assuming the law enforcement bodies of whatever nation actually do more than give lip service to such things.  And we all know at least a couple that don't.

On 6/17/2021 8:30 AM, Dale Newton wrote:
Its not copyright infringement unless you live in a country where it actually does have copyright protection or there exist treaties establishing that it is copyright in that country, and even then usually there have to be financial gains (reselling, etc.) in order to constitute copyright violation.

Hacking is not pirating.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 2:15 PM Jack Fenton via groups.io <jack_fenton=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sure you are right. That is probably why the new Uno2 chip is serialized and set up to only work in one FCB1010 device. I'm sure they have lost a lot of money to ebay sellers who have simply copied and burned their own chip and then resold copies.

Dale Newton

Its not copyright infringement unless you live in a country where it actually does have copyright protection or there exist treaties establishing that it is copyright in that country, and even then usually there have to be financial gains (reselling, etc.) in order to constitute copyright violation.

Hacking is not pirating.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 2:15 PM Jack Fenton via groups.io <jack_fenton=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sure you are right. That is probably why the new Uno2 chip is serialized and set up to only work in one FCB1010 device. I'm sure they have lost a lot of money to ebay sellers who have simply copied and burned their own chip and then resold copies.

Jack Fenton

I'm sure you are right. That is probably why the new Uno2 chip is serialized and set up to only work in one FCB1010 device. I'm sure they have lost a lot of money to ebay sellers who have simply copied and burned their own chip and then resold copies.

lindsay mannix

Oh.. I was under the impression that the uno was "open source" ...Im sure that many of the ebay sellers dont comply.

Sorry for my misunderstanding

Jack Fenton

This would be a violation of copyright.  Please just buy the chip.

lindsay mannix

Hi all ,
Long time lurker here , really helpfull stuff!

I have all the goods to program/uv-erase  but a can't seem to find  the bin file other than lots of references to the old yahoo group.
and ebay sales for a programmed chip.

I did find version 1.07 on another site but that is old .
Where can I get the current UNO bin file from these days ?

I have searched but i do apologize in advance if my efforts were sub optimal.

I am also tackling the issue with Ableton 11 using python 3 rather than 2.
Has anybody been able to convert successfully using 2to3 ?
Thanks in advance
Lindsay