Topics

A Little Inspiration - Neon Vines

chrisw_63

Video of performer Neon Vines with an Akai MPC X, Akai Force sampler, Seaboard Block keyboard, aaand.. you guessed it, an FCB1010.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVGs0NCMVs

stephen.davidson@...

Impressive

jeff st john

This one is incredible, to me...

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 6:43 PM <stephen.davidson@...> wrote:
Impressive

Roger Colwell

Please keep any following posts on-topic, i.e. has direct relevance to FCB1010 ...

The opening video has made me realise, as a guitarist, I have absolutely no idea what her FCB1010 is controlling?!
--
Roger Colwell
FCB1010 Group Owner/Moderator

chrisw_63

That's what I love about the FCB1010 - It's so versatile.  From what I saw her doing, the FCB1010 was at least changing "patches" on the Sampler, maybe the MPC as well.  It's great for that - changing sounds for the next song, or next part of a song in this case.  Not so different from the way it's used for a guitar setup, really.

I use mine pretty simply, starting and stopping background pads, with main Volume on one pedal and the frequency of a low pass filter on the other. (I play keys for a worship group.)  I have used it to tell my DAW to change keys (for pads and/or key-dependent instruments), but that's about as complicated as I've gotten so far.

Do you have a unique or interesting setup with the FCB1010?  Let us hear about it!

Mike Whitaker

Edited

I used mine as MD for a show on guitar, with two of the preset pedals sending page up/down via MIDI to an iPad running OnSong for chord charts - does that count? :D
--
Original list founder (March 2002!) and occasional moderator.
Yes, I do still have my FCB1010!

chrisw_63

Nice!  I've always wanted to do that!  Just haven't bit the bullet to get OnSong yet.