Topics

Apologies for a basic question. Can assign a switch to mute my tuner output and use the other nine to selct patches on my modelling amp?

DAVID JUTTON

I use my FCB1010 to control a Behringer v-Amp pro.  Very simple set up - I programme the patches on the V-amp and use the FCB1010 to select them,via midi, one expression pedal works as a wah and the other as volume.  I'm sure you all know this and this simple configuration is all I need.  Except one thing - I'd like to use the FCB1010 as a switch to mute my tuner output sound - the tuner is a rack-mounted Behringer and the display is on all the time.  The tuner is first in  the signal path and you can plug in a switch to mute it.  Can I programme switch 10 to toggle the mute on/off via a switch ouput and use all the other switches to select nine patches per bank?  If so how?  I did read the manual - but I am out of my depth beyond the power switch with most tech.....Any help gratefully recieved!

EJ SHELDON

To do what you described, you would have to program pedal 10 to be the switch in EVERY bank, one bank at a time. You would also have to reconfigure the other 9 pedals to select the proper preset. For instance. pedals 1-10 currently select presets 1-10. If pedal 10 is a Switch, then you lose Preset 10. You would need to reconfigure bank 2 so that pedals 1-9 recall presets 10-19 and again configure pedal 10 as your Switch. And so on in each bank.

OR you could use Direct Select Mode, in which the UP/DOWN switches operate the Hardware Switches, and you select presets by pressing one pedal for the "10" and a second pedal for the "1". Example:

Preset 50 - first press pedal 5, then press pedal 10. Preset 38 - press 3 then 8.

To use Direct Select Mode, power on your FCB while holding the DOWN pedal. When the Green Direct Select LED lights, release the DOWN pedal and press pedal 10. It's Red LED will light. Now press and hold the DOWN pedal until the display returns to 00. You are now in Direct Select Mode. The UP pedal is Switch 1 and the DOWN pedal is Switch 2.

DAVID JUTTON

Thank you EJ for your patience and reply.  It's helped me dig a little deeper into the capabilites of the FCB - so I'll have another shot at RTM ( probably what you wish I'd done before.....).

Firstly - I've missed an obvious way to mute the sound - the volume pedal!  I play live - 10 patches is plenty and a single stomp per patch is easier.   A flip of the volume pedal is a simple way to tune-up silently mid-set as my amp is downstream of the tuner.

I tried Direct Select Mode and it worked as you described, but two stomps per patch is one too many given I stay within one bank.  Also, the tuner mute did work but it seems the mute input on the tuner needs a non-latching switch so it took a couple of extra stomps to switch it off and back on again.  I assume the FCB switches are latching?  Can this be changed in software?

Thanks again. David

EJ SHELDON

As you stated, Direct Select is a PITA, which is why most people don't use it.
Considering the programming involved, your best bet is to use your Volume pedal.

Thomas Brown

I use AmpliTube 4 myself and have to change to latch settings within amplitube midi settings for each stomp while learning the midi signals.
Don’t know if this may help.

On Apr 26, 2020, at 11:38 AM, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

As you stated, Direct Select is a PITA, which is why most people don't use it.
Considering the programming involved, your best bet is to use your Volume pedal.

DAVID JUTTON

Thanks Thomas - I assume that means it's not possible to change the switch outputs from the FCB to non-latching?

EJ SHELDON

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 01:39 AM, DAVID JUTTON wrote:
Thanks Thomas - I assume that means it's not possible to change the switch outputs from the FCB to non-latching?

I checked the manual and didn't see that capability.

DAVID JUTTON

Thanks for your trouble EJ.  David.