Best chip for FCB1010 for controlling Mobius

Erdöl Biramen

Edited

What is best option for controlling Mobius (on Win 11, running as VST in Cubase11) using FCB1010? Is it:

.) the latest stock chip as of Dec 2021

.) TinyBox

.) UNO

.) UNO2

.) FCB-505

.) EurekaProm

What is best option for controlling RC-505 AND Mobius  (on Win 11, running as VST in Cubase11) using FCB1010? Is it:

.) the latest stock chip as of Dec 2021

.) TinyBox

.) UNO

.) UNO2

.) FCB-505

.) EurekaProm

Or is it necessary to have 2 FCB1010s, one with FCB-505 chip to controlling RC-505 and the other one with one of the other chips for controlling Mobius?

FishOOW

Edited

I’m not the most qualified to answer but maybe I can get you closer.

I have an RC-202 and the CC messages are fixed. If the RC-505 is similar then this will not suit your needs for Mobius. It’s been a while but I believe Mobius is controlled by CC’s and not note messages. I also don’t remember how changeable the CC’s are in Mobius. The safe bet, and then one I always go for is the laborious stock chip. It’s so very programmable with an editor.

I don’t believe the Eureka will be a good fit, again, because it’s specific to a program.

The Uno layout for the pedals is a possibility but I don’t know how many presets and pages of presets you’ll need.

If you’re looking to use the FCB/Mobius as a dedicated looper with only those functions, then I would recommend against that.

I am wholly unfamiliar with UNO2 and tiny box.

My vote is for stock chip. Have the lower row for controls of each track (Rec/Play, Stop, Undo, Redo, Reset)
and upper row be for Track selection.

Hope this helps

Erdöl Biramen

Hi FishOOW, thx for your input,

I am not going to use RC-505 with Mobius. What I meant was that I might decide to use FCB1010 with RC-505 too. Most of the time though, I will use FCB1010 with Mobius. I just see, while reading forums, that some who have been using Mobius for a long time, eventually bought RC-505 and are using them both (alternatively and not together) for looping so I thought I might decide to do the same at some point. Therefore if there is one chip which suited for controlling both Mobius and RC-505, I would clearly get me that chip. Otherwise, I might have to buy a 2nd FCB1010 to operate with a different chip.

[...]

Ah yes! I see. I thought there was a “rc-505 chip” for fcb that I didn’t know about.

Again, I believe the 505 has specific CC’s based on the 202 that I have. Mobius, to my recollection, has the ability to chose any cc for a particular command. Because they are different, or because the 505 is very specific, it will be a luxury, albeit somewhat time consuming, to program the FCB as you wish for each page of it.

I have a stock 2.5 chip and use my board for 3 different rigs.

My answer is certainly not definitive. It would be great to hear what others think.

Happy Holidays!!

Erdöl Biramen

Edited

There is indeed a chip FCB-505 specifically for RC-505

https://www.fcb1010.eu/

So therefore, I am trying to figure out how good a substitute the other chips would be for the FCB-505 or whether the FCB-505 is must-have for RC-505 (which would mean me having to buy a second FCB1010 to use with the FCB-505 chip as I will certainly use the FCB1010 I already own with TinyBox)

Merry X-mas

Gord Sellar

Does anyone know if the FCB-505 chip is likely to work well with the
Boss RC-600? I was thinking of picking that up soon and there's
someone in my area selling an FCB-1010 for very cheap, and assuming
it's functional it'd be cool.

(Alternately, I assume I could use an UNO chip or something and just
program it to do the same?)

Happy Holidays all!

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 11:18 AM Erdöl Biramen <SwissStudios@...> wrote:

There is indeed a chip FCB-505 specifically for RC-505

https://www.fcb1010.eu/

So therefore, as I I am trying to figure out how good a substitute the other chips would be for the FC -505 or whether the FCB-505 is must-have for RC-505 (which would mean me having to buy a second FCB1010 to use with the FCB-505 chip as I will certainly use the FCB1010 I already own with TinyBox)

Merry X-mas

ossandust

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 09:36 AM, Gord Sellar wrote:
Does anyone know if the FCB-505 chip is likely to work well with the
Boss RC-600?
I checked the RC-600 manual, and yes - MIDI control is identical to the RC-505 and RC-505 mkII, so the FCB-505 chip works equally well for these devices
regards,
Xavier

Gord Sellar

That's cool, though a little further reading makes me think I'd
probably still prefer to set up the Uno2, just for the sake of
flexibility. (One nice thing about the RC600 is that it's designed for
foot pedal use, so I'm likelier to use the FCB1010 for things other
than just the basic track -control effects that the RC505 chip seems
to be programmed to do.

Thanks for the quick response, though!

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 7:25 PM ossandust <ossan.dust@...> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 09:36 AM, Gord Sellar wrote:

Does anyone know if the FCB-505 chip is likely to work well with the
Boss RC-600?

I checked the RC-600 manual, and yes - MIDI control is identical to the RC-505 and RC-505 mkII, so the FCB-505 chip works equally well for these devices
regards,
Xavier

ossandust

Correct - the FCB-505 firmware is very dedicated firmware to make the FCB1010 a foot controller for the RC-505, so if the RC-600 can be directly foot-controlled, it's a better idea to use the FCB1010 for controlling other devices.
With UnO2 you have full flexibility so then you have the option to control all devices, including the RC600, simultaneously with a single switch press.

Gord Sellar

Well, I was thinking of using it to control effects in the RC600... and/or maybe patch changes in my synth, since I will be using a wind controller with an old-fashioned rack mount synth. I have a different midi pedal I can use for patch changes but the more I can get on pedal controller to do for me, the less stuff I’ll need to haul around.

So yeah, probably a good idea to go with the Uno2.

Thanks!