Can't configure Expression pedals CC per each preset

dr.jetset@...

Hi,

I bought used FCB1010, chip picture is attached. It's confiusing: the chip corrected by someones hand and says version "3" instead "2". When I oped FCB1010 pc editor it says that the chip is 1.0.2g

I can't configure Expression pedals CC per each preset, buttons are allright.  Changed CC applies to all presets(00, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09) of Expression pedals. I have tried sending sysex using editor, as well as  manually by buttons... same problem.

For example:
Preset00. -- Expression pedal A CC value is 50.
Switch to Preset01. -- Configure  Expression pedal A to CC value 18.

It should have stayed CC value 50...  CC value 18 applies to all presets 00,01,02,03... etc. No matter which preset I chose to configure it resets all other. By having this I only can have 2 Expression pedal values for all 10 presets. When I should have at least 20.

Any idea what should I do? It's a chip bug? If it is chip problem, which chip would be the best?

Thank you in advance

EJ SHELDON

You mentioned in your deleted post that you are using the FCB1010 Editor. While that editor is compatible with v1.0.2, it is NOT fully compatible with v1.0,2g.
I know this for a fact, as that is the version that I had before switching to UNO2.

Get the UNO_ControlCenter Editor. It's not FREE (<>$22), but it's worth every penny.

FCB/UnO Control Center for the Behringer FCB1010

chrisw_63

First, I need to point out that CC's have a number and a value.  I'm going to assume you meant CC number in your post, since CC value is what changes when you move the pedal (knob, fader...).  But other than that, yeah.. assuming you're programming it correctly, something is messed up.  Have you tried the global reset?  (FSW 1 and 6 held down during power up - release when the countdown gets to 00.)

dr.jetset@...

Sorry, I messed up. I meant CC number. Thank you for pointing out, learned something new!

I have tried global reset, the problem stays the same

dr.jetset@...

Yes, I use FCB1010 Editor, but the problem is the same when I have tried programming it by hand manually.

I think buying new chip would be better, no? There is high chance that software won't solve the problem

EJ SHELDON

If you get the v1.0.4 chip, you'll still need the UNO_ControlCenter Editor. Why not get that FIRST, in case you DON'T need a new chip?

dr.jetset@...

Edited

Just bought the software. Was a money waste. It says that I have  1.0.3 chip though. Problem stays the same.

When I configure expression pedals to send 1/20 1/21 it sends  1/27 and 1/7 through all the presets.

EJ SHELDON

Assuming that you took the time to read the manual and are actually using the editor correctly, you can now be fairly certain that your chip is bad (purchased from an eBay pirate perhaps?) and purchase the newest version of the UNO chip (v1.0.4 - from the source preferably ) and you already have the proper editor.

Not a waste of money at all.

Before you take the next step, make a screenshot of the spreadsheet view of your configuration, attach it and a copy of the sysex (.lgp) file to your reply, I'll have a look at it to see if it tells me anything.

dr.jetset@...

I haven't bought the chip myself(bought second hand fcb1010 with chip installed already).

By saying spreadsheet view I assume preset grid? I have attached it to this message. Let me know if's not what you're asking for.

I have attached .lgp as well.

Thank you!

dr.jetset@...

Edited

I think I have stated the problem in wrong terms.... a noob mistake. Sorry, I confused "presets" with "pages".  When entering different presets by buttons 1,2...10. I have no problem configuring different CC number values.

What I've meant is that I want to configure expression pedal CC number values per page and by using Switch 1/2(UP, DOWN button) change Expression pedal's CC number values. Maybe I have wrong understanding of FCB1010 architecture? Is it possible to do it?

EDIT:

I have managed to configure Presets 1 to 10 to send same CC numbers for expression pedals:

Presets 11 to 15 to change expression pedal CC numbers

Preset 16 to 20 switch back to 88 CC number 84/85 which is not ideal, because it would be cool that these buttons wouldnt affect expression pedals at all.

This is  not perfect for me and doesn't work how I want but at least now I have space for different usage of Expression pedal.  Any ideas if its possible to configure this better? I'll attach current configuration file in next post.

dr.jetset@...

Edited

This is current set-up

Can't find on manual: what does "program change" options in editor do?

One more question:

How to set up a certain button for "momentary" action? Press button down effect turns on, when button released, effect is turned off?

EJ SHELDON

I didn't mean to imply that you would traffic with pirates. The previous owner, however, may have been ethically challenged.

What is it (device? SW? Plugin?) that you're using this to control? Just curious.

"What I've meant is that I want to configure expression pedal CC number values per page and by using Switch 1/2(UP, DOWN button) change Expression pedal's CC number values. Maybe I have wrong understanding of FCB1010 architecture?"

The term "page" has no meaning. Maybe you mean "BANK"?

The UP/DOWN buttons change FCB BANKS. They only control the Switches in DIRECT Mode.
The Switches are used to control External devices that employ analog (vs MIDI) switching.

Expression Pedals are controlled per preset, the banks only control which presets are on which footswitches.

The expression pedals must either be set to values, or if not, they're deactivated. It's per preset.
You have to tell them exactly what to do in each preset, or they do nothing. There's no carryover between presets.
On Boot, they're not active at all until you select a preset.

"Preset 16 to 20 switch back to 88 CC number 84/85" - ?????

"Can't find on manual: what does "program change" options in editor do?" - Send a screenshot

EJ SHELDON

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 07:02 AM, <dr.jetset@...> wrote:
How to set up a certain button for "momentary" action? Press button down effect turns on, when button released, effect is turned off?

From the 1.0.3 Manual:

In v1.0.3 and above momentary toggling is available for the 5 stompbox switches only!

So you'll need to do a double press unless you're in Stompbox Mode.