Topics

Connections of relays to switch outputs (Tip/Ring/Sleeve jacks)

Musical Applications

Hi there,

I just tried to figure out how the switch relays (let call them K1 and K2) are connected to the jacks labeled with Switch 1 and Switch 2.
So, this is what I found out:
- The relais K1 and K2 connect the relating tip (T) with the sleeve (S) of the Switch outputs if the relating relay is active.
- The contacts of Switch 2 have only a "mono" configuration: the ring R2 is always connected to the sleeve S2.
- The contacts of Switch 1 behave differently if the Switch 2 output is used or not:
a) If there is a plug inserted in the Switch 2 jack, K2 controls if the ring R1 is connected to the sleeve S1.
b) If there is no plug inserted in the in Switch 1 jack, the ring R1 is not connected to S1, independently of K1 and K2.
=> So, there must be some auxiliary contacs at Switch 2 which are closed if no plug is inserted.
- The contacts T1, R1, S1, T2, R2, S2 are not connected to the ground.

I did not check any wiring inside, I only used a continuity tester at the outside.
Can anybody confirm or correct my investigations? Does anybody have a schematic of this detail?

Cheers,
michaeL

ossandust

Jack Fenton

It indeed does look like SW plug inserted , will effect switch 2.
I found the attached schematic.

Jack Fenton

So essentially if you want to use a single TRS cable to control both switches, plug it into S1. If you want to use 2 TS cables, plug in to S1 and S2. At least this is how I read it.

Musical Applications

Thank you very much, Jack. The schematic fits exactly to my analysis!
So, the "Switch 1" jack is actually a "Switch 1 / 2" jack if no plug is inserted at "Switch 2".

I think, it is similar to some stereo audio devices with two jacks where you can use two mono cables or one stereo at the first jack leaving the second unused. (Difference: at the FCB1010 the sleeves are separated if two cables are used.)

Am Sonntag, 17. November 2019, 20:59:59 MEZ hat Jack Fenton <jackf@...> Folgendes geschrieben:

So essentially if you want to use a single TRS cable to control both switches, plug it into S1. If you want to use 2 TS cables, plug in to S1 and S2. At least this is how I read it.

Musical Applications

Thank you, Xavier / Ossandust.
Sadly, I can't access the referenced document. (For some reason I cannot log in to the new group at https://fcb1010.groups.io. It said that I should receive an email with a password, but I didn't got it...)

Am Sonntag, 17. November 2019, 18:43:18 MEZ hat ossandust <ossan.dust@...> Folgendes geschrieben: