Topics

Control Center Compatibility

paul ridout

Please can somebody help a new user?

I would ask the FCB UNO forum but it won't let me join.

Is the current Control Centre Software compatible with Mac OSX 10.13.6 and UNO?

If I run the demo version it doesn't see my FCB1010. (No FCB Connected) message in graphic FCB display.

It crashes out on an older OSX (el Capitan).

I haven't bought it yet, but I would like to be sure Im not wasting my £20.

I have searched this forum but I can't find am answer.

Thank you

EJ SHELDON

The website:

https://www.fcb1010.uno/

says OSX 10.6 and higher.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I would ask the FCB UNO forum but it won't let me join.

Is the current Control Centre Software compatible with Mac OSX 10.13.6 and UNO?

If I run the demo version it doesn't see my FCB1010. (No FCB Connected) message in graphic FCB display.

It crashes out on an older OSX (el Capitan).

I haven't bought it yet, but I would like to be sure Im not wasting my £20.

I have searched this forum but I can't find am answer.

Thank you

Jack Fenton

Not sure but make sure you plug your MIDI cable labeled "MIDI IN" to the "MIDI Out" port on your FCB1010 and cable labeled "MIDI OUT" to your "MIDI IN" port of your FCB1010. This is the most common problem for communication issues. The other is cheap MIDI interface cables which don't handle Sysex messages (which FCB1010 uses for programming) well.

EJ SHELDON

What Jack said. What interface are you using?

paul ridout

Thanks,
As I said to Jack:

MIDI cables are connected correctly - I am able to monitor data sent from the fcb1010.
Interface is a Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD (combined midi/a to d & d to a).

It has occurred to me that maybe, as I am using Control Center in demo mode (upload and download menu choices are greyed out), then there is no communication with the fcb1010.
All I’m able to do is ‘fiddle’ with the software to see what’s available.

I should also add that I’m not new to the dark arts of MIDI, it’s just the fcb1010 and it’s complcated, multi-switch implementation that is new to me. I was hoping that software editing would make it easier.

ossandust

Hi,

the ControlCenter user manual, which can be downloaded from the website, has a quick start guide, which answers some of your questions :
- first thing to do is select the correct MIDI ports. If these are correctly selected but connection results in a timeout, it means that the software doesn't get a SysEx reply after sending a SysEx version request. That can have multiple causes, the most common is the interface corrupting the sysex transfer in one or both directions. Less common is a defect in the MIDI IN circuit, which in many cases is only used for communication with a PC.
- once connection succeeds you will see the "receive patchdump" button enabled, also in demo mode.
- only when you have reached the last step in the quick start guide it is safe to say the editor will work correctly on your setup, so only then you should consider purchasing a license.

In short, I suspect trying a different interface would be a good test.

regards,
Xavier

---In fcb1010@..., <ridart@...> wrote :

Thanks,
As I said to Jack:

MIDI cables are connected correctly - I am able to monitor data sent from the fcb1010.
Interface is a Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD (combined midi/a to d & d to a).

It has occurred to me that maybe, as I am using Control Center in demo mode (upload and download menu choices are greyed out), then there is no communication with the fcb1010.
All I’m able to do is ‘fiddle’ with the software to see what’s available.

I should also add that I’m not new to the dark arts of MIDI, it’s just the fcb1010 and it’s complcated, multi-switch implementation that is new to me. I was hoping that software editing would make it easier.

Jack Fenton

If I remember, the demo version has some functions that do not work hence are greyed out. With connecting, it should at least tell you if it recognizes there is a controller. I think only this function is enabled in the demo version to verify you have connectivity.

I think there is also an option to break up Sysex buffers into chunks which if I remember I turned on to make it work.

If I don't see anything from anyone else in the next day, I'll load a copy on my Mac running Mojave and see if it works. I normally use Uno Control center on my Windows 10 PC and have not loaded the application onto my Mac.

EJ SHELDON

I used to have Behringer BCR/BCF2000 controllers. While they passed normal MIDI messages from the FCB  fine (PC,CC,NOTE), they would not pass sysex messages.

You would hope that's not the case with a regular interface, but.....

paul ridout

Thanks for your help.

MIDI cables are connected correctly - I am able to monitor data sent from the fcb1010.
Interface is a Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD (combined midi/a to d & d to a).

It has occurred to me that maybe, as I am using Control Center in demo mode (upload and download menu choices are greyed out), then there is no communication with the fcb1010.
All I’m able to do is ‘fiddle’ with the software to see what’s available.

I should also add that I’m not new to the dark arts of MIDI, it’s just the fcb1010 and it’s complcated, multi-switch implementation that is new to me. I was hoping that software editing would make it easier.

dtownsmr

Did you click on the MIDI plug icon in the upper left of the FCC window?

Thanks for your help.