Exp Pedals not working

mangsong

I purchased a new FCB1010 last week control my Kronos2 and LS.  The firmware is V2.50, and my synths are also up to date.
What has me stumped is getting the two expression pedals to work.  When I follow the manual programming process to program swells, filter sweeps, etc.,they don't do anything.  To simplify programming, I have installed the FCB1010 Manager from Mountain Utilities (mac), and have successfully transmitted and received sysex, which has been somewhat helpful in determining programming successes on both the FCB and the computer editor.
Some data to help sort this out:
1) I am correctly configuring the Kronos to receive the specific pedal related MIDI commands because my standalone pedal correctly activates the target,
2) Other programmed elements do seem to work, such as cc83 to turn on an effect, or assigning a switch to trigger a MIDI note.
3) When I view the MIDI input message field in Manager, I can see real time switch activity, but the pedals don't register.
4) When manually programming the pedal values (0-127) the pedal cannot be used to set the values as illustrated in one of the tutorial videos - I have to manually enter the values using the switches.
So, is my device faulty and the pedals are kaput, or am I missing something obvious?
Any help would be appreciated, with thanks in advance for your time and expertise.
John

Jack Fenton

You more than likely need to recalibrate the expression pedals for them to work properly.

EJ SHELDON

Didn't we already do this?
OK, let's work backwards this time.
Export and attach your sysex and I'll have a look at it.

EJ SHELDON

And yes, what Jack said.

mangsong

Thanks Jack and EJ.  Wow, that was quick … you guys are on the ball!

You may have solved this

I’ll start with recalibration, and if that fails, I’ll send you the sysex

On Oct 5, 2021, at 4:42 PM, Jack Fenton via groups.io <jack_fenton@...> wrote:

You more than likely need to recalibrate the expression pedals for them to work properly.

mangsong

Bulls-eye!  The calibration did the trick!

Thanks to both of you … great forum.

On Oct 5, 2021, at 4:50 PM, mangsong <mangsong@...> wrote:

Thanks Jack and EJ.  Wow, that was quick … you guys are on the ball!

You may have solved this

I’ll start with recalibration, and if that fails, I’ll send you the sysex
<PastedGraphic-3.tiff>