Topics

expression pedal and continuous controller

dvhonk@...

My question is about my fender cyber twin se and the FCB 1010. The cyber twin talks about an expression pedal assignment and a continuous controller assignment. Can you use the two pedals on the FCB 1010 for this. My outside pedal is master volume and the inner pedal can be programed as a continuous controller. I learned how to use a preset to turn on the turner/mute and press it again to go back to the preset you were on. I need help with MIDI stuff.

EJ SHELDON

I assume that you're using the default FCB1010 settings. CC#007 is defined as the default volume controller in the MIDI spec, and the Cyber Twin implements it that way, that's why your right pedal controls volume. The left pedal is set by default to CC#027, which is NOT implemented in the Cyber Twin. To use that pedal you'll need to assign it a CC# that IS implemented in the Cyber Twin. Appendix 2 Page 27 of the Cyber Twin SE manual lists the available functions and their CC#s:

CC# Parameter Value Range
07 Master Volume (0 - 127)
32 LSB for Bank Changes (0 - 127)
85 Effects/Reverb Bypass OFF=(0-63), ON=(64-127)
86 Hum Reduction OFF=(0–63), ON=(64-127)
96 Data Increment2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
97 Data Decrement2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
102 Gain (0 - 127)
103 Volume (0 - 127)
104 Treble (0 - 127)
105 Middle (0 - 127)
106 Bass (0 - 127)
107 Presence (0 - 127)
108 Reverb (0 - 127)
109 Master Volume (0 - 127)
110 FX Level (0 - 127)
111 FX Val 1 (0 - 127)
112 FX Val 2 (0 - 127)
113 FX Val 3 (0 - 127)
114 FX Val 4 (0 - 127)
115 Reverb In [Dwell] (0 - 127)
116 Reverb Tone [Shape] (0 - 127)
117 Reverb Time (0 - 127)
118 Reverb Diffusion (0 - 127)
119 Tap

CC#s/Functions that the Expression Pedals can control are 102-118.

dvhonk@...

I set the cyber twin cc to 27 and the LH pedal will output what ever value is assigned. The RH pedal is always Master volume.

----- Original Message -----
To: main@fcb1010.groups.io
Sent: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 22:56:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [fcb1010] expression pedal and continuous controller

I assume that you're using the default FCB1010 settings. CC#007 is defined as the default volume controller in the MIDI spec, and the Cyber Twin implements it that way, that's why your right pedal controls volume. The left pedal is set by default to CC#027, which is NOT implemented in the Cyber Twin. To use that pedal you'll need to assign it a CC# that IS implemented in the Cyber Twin. Appendix 2 Page 27 of the Cyber Twin SE manual lists the available functions and their CC#s:

CC# Parameter Value Range
07 Master Volume (0 - 127)
32 LSB for Bank Changes (0 - 127)
85 Effects/Reverb Bypass OFF=(0-63), ON=(64-127)
86 Hum Reduction OFF=(0–63), ON=(64-127)
96 Data Increment2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
97 Data Decrement2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
102 Gain (0 - 127)
103 Volume (0 - 127)
104 Treble (0 - 127)
105 Middle (0 - 127)
106 Bass (0 - 127)
107 Presence (0 - 127)
108 Reverb (0 - 127)
109 Master Volume (0 - 127)
110 FX Level (0 - 127)
111 FX Val 1 (0 - 127)
112 FX Val 2 (0 - 127)
113 FX Val 3 (0 - 127)
114 FX Val 4 (0 - 127)
115 Reverb In [Dwell] (0 - 127)
116 Reverb Tone [Shape] (0 - 127)
117 Reverb Time (0 - 127)
118 Reverb Diffusion (0 - 127)

119 Tap

CC#s/Functions that the Expression Pedals can control are 102-118.

EJ SHELDON

I believe that's what I said, the default is 027.
You need to set it to the CC# of the Cyber Twin function that you want to control.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
What is it that you're asking?

dvhonk@...

yes that is correct . Do you use a cyber twin se and if so would like a patch to access the tuner with the FCB 1010. My problem is in the making of presets for the cyber twin.

Sent: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 00:35:58 -0500 (EST)

I believe that's what I said, the default is 027.
You need to set it to the CC# of the Cyber Twin function that you want to control.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
What is it that you're asking?

EJ SHELDON

I don't use a Cyber Twin. Very few people do.
Nor do I use many of the several dozen other MIDI devices and applications that I regularly assist others in using.
As a former programmer and all-around IT professional I AM very good at reading manuals, which is usually all that it takes.

I can give you a sysex that you can install on your FCB to control your Cyber Twin.
I can teach you how to do it yourself.
I CANNOT read your mind, nor can I do the actual work for you.
You WILL need to answer my questions and follow my directions.
You may also have to read some directions from a manual. I can help you with understanding them, but I WON'T RE-TYPE them here.

You first asked about the tuner 10 years ago.
The answer is to send the Cyber Twin PC#127.
Do you want to be able to do that from EVERY FCB Bank? Or from Pedal 10 in one bank only?
You want to be able to use your left (inside) Expression Pedal for something.
What Cyber Twin parameter, exactly, from the list I provided, would you like to use it for?
Or would you like to be able to control different parameters from different banks?

To create and install the sysex required to use the FCB to control the Cyber Twin, will you be using an Editor such as the FREE Ed Dixon/MtnSys editor located in the Files section of this forum(FCB1010PcEditorInstall.zip):

https://fcb1010.groups.io/g/main/files/FCB1010%20editor
http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/PCEditor.htm%3f

Or will you be using the Behringer direct on the device method? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use the Editor!

I will be more than happy to assist you with using your FCB with your Cyber Twin.
Please consider the questions I've just asked because, without the answers you can't be helped, by anyone.

dvhonk@...

Thanks for replying. I am a retired A&P aircraft mechanic. My wife was on yahoo when I ask the question years ago and forgot about it. The Behringer manual was not clear on the buttons to push and the order to push them to program the FCB1010. The cyber-twin presets start at 0 so I had to use 128 for the PROG CHG 1, 32 for the CNT1, and 2 for VALUE 1. I used preset 10 as a sacrificial preset. After this I could press #10 and amp would change to "tuner mode" and back when I pressed #10 again.

The pedals came into play with writing a preset for the cyber-twin. You press the 'amp' button on the amp to cycle thru menus, like name change, reverb type, speaker phase 17 in all. Number 15 is expression pedal assignment and 16 is cont. controller assignment. I may not fully understand the workings of this AMP. I may have to get a stand alone pedal for the expression pedal and plug it into the expression pedal port on the back of the amp.  Fender does not talk much about the amp after it was released to the public. I know I am one of the few that use the amp, and with the FCB it is easy to use. I think I was confused about the amp using the pedals on the FCB for cont. controller and expression pedal. Thanks for the input on the subject as you know more than most people. Thanks

Sent: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:50:06 -0500 (EST)

I don't use a Cyber Twin. Very few people do.
Nor do I use many of the several dozen other MIDI devices and applications that I regularly assist others in using.
As a former programmer and all-around IT professional I AM very good at reading manuals, which is usually all that it takes.

I can give you a sysex that you can install on your FCB to control your Cyber Twin.
I can teach you how to do it yourself.
I CANNOT read your mind, nor can I do the actual work for you.
You WILL need to answer my questions and follow my directions.
You may also have to read some directions from a manual. I can help you with understanding them, but I WON'T RE-TYPE them here.

You first asked about the tuner 10 years ago.
The answer is to send the Cyber Twin PC#127.
Do you want to be able to do that from EVERY FCB Bank? Or from Pedal 10 in one bank only?
You want to be able to use your left (inside) Expression Pedal for something.
What Cyber Twin parameter, exactly, from the list I provided, would you like to use it for?
Or would you like to be able to control different parameters from different banks?

To create and install the sysex required to use the FCB to control the Cyber Twin, will you be using an Editor such as the FREE Ed Dixon/MtnSys editor located in the Files section of this forum(FCB1010PcEditorInstall.zip):

Or will you be using the Behringer direct on the device method? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use the Editor!

I will be more than happy to assist you with using your FCB with your Cyber Twin.
Please consider the questions I've just asked because, without the answers you can't be helped, by anyone.