Topics

expression pedal and continuous controller

dvhonk@...

My question is about my fender cyber twin se and the FCB 1010. The cyber twin talks about an expression pedal assignment and a continuous controller assignment. Can you use the two pedals on the FCB 1010 for this. My outside pedal is master volume and the inner pedal can be programed as a continuous controller. I learned how to use a preset to turn on the turner/mute and press it again to go back to the preset you were on. I need help with MIDI stuff.

EJ SHELDON

I assume that you're using the default FCB1010 settings. CC#007 is defined as the default volume controller in the MIDI spec, and the Cyber Twin implements it that way, that's why your right pedal controls volume. The left pedal is set by default to CC#027, which is NOT implemented in the Cyber Twin. To use that pedal you'll need to assign it a CC# that IS implemented in the Cyber Twin. Appendix 2 Page 27 of the Cyber Twin SE manual lists the available functions and their CC#s:

CC# Parameter Value Range
07 Master Volume (0 - 127)
32 LSB for Bank Changes (0 - 127)
85 Effects/Reverb Bypass OFF=(0-63), ON=(64-127)
86 Hum Reduction OFF=(0–63), ON=(64-127)
96 Data Increment2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
97 Data Decrement2 (Linked to the Data Wheel)
102 Gain (0 - 127)
103 Volume (0 - 127)
104 Treble (0 - 127)
105 Middle (0 - 127)
106 Bass (0 - 127)
107 Presence (0 - 127)
108 Reverb (0 - 127)
109 Master Volume (0 - 127)
110 FX Level (0 - 127)
111 FX Val 1 (0 - 127)
112 FX Val 2 (0 - 127)
113 FX Val 3 (0 - 127)
114 FX Val 4 (0 - 127)
115 Reverb In [Dwell] (0 - 127)
116 Reverb Tone [Shape] (0 - 127)
117 Reverb Time (0 - 127)
118 Reverb Diffusion (0 - 127)
119 Tap

CC#s/Functions that the Expression Pedals can control are 102-118.

dvhonk@...

I set the cyber twin cc to 27 and the LH pedal will output what ever value is assigned. The RH pedal is always Master volume.

[...]

I believe that's what I said, the default is 027.
You need to set it to the CC# of the Cyber Twin function that you want to control.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
What is it that you're asking?

dvhonk@...

yes that is correct . Do you use a cyber twin se and if so would like a patch to access the tuner with the FCB 1010. My problem is in the making of presets for the cyber twin.