Topics

FCB1010 + Amplitube 4 + Windows 10 PC (don't have any clue how to get all of this working)

Cem Solak

How can I use my newly bought FCB1010 with Amplitube 4 in my windows 10 PC? The User Manual is so complicated. Is there any easy way out there? I saw some editor videos but not sure which one should I use? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Cem

EJ SHELDON

Edited

Here's a sysex that should get you started. DL the Ed Dixon Editor.

http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

READ THE MANUAL! FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO INSTALL THE SYSEX ON YOUR FCB.

This sysex mimics what the UNO chip does. Each Bank (00-09) gives you access to 5 presets on the top row:

Bank 00

Bank 01

etc.

The bottom row in each Bank contains toggling CCs:

These values are the same in all banks.

Once you've selected a Preset on the upper row, the Exp Pedals will become active and you'll be able to use the lower row to toggle effects in AT4.
First press is ON, second press is OFF. If an effect is saved OFF, it will turn ON.
However, if an effect is saved ON, you'll have to press it's related button TWICE to turn it off. After that it will work as expected UNLESS you press a different button.
The Stock FCB thinks it has changed presets (although the AT4 preset hasn't changed), and it doesn't remember what you did last.This is another advantage of UNO, it remembers, BUT the two press rule remains. With UNO there's a way around this, but IMO it's more work than it's worth.

If you don't know how to do any of the following, READ THE AT4 MANUAL!

In Amplitube, set the MIDI channel to 1.
Set the first 5 Stomp A Slot Bypass values to 111-115.
Set Volume to 116 (left Exp Pedal)
I usually set both WAH and Wharmonator to 117 (Right Exp Pedal), since it's not likely you'll use both in one preset.

Load AT4 Presets into slots 000-049. Using this Faux UNO sysex restricts you to 50 presets. Having the UNO Chip would expand that to 95.

That's it! Questions?

Cem Solak

Many thanks for the quick response. I'll look into them thoroughly and write back if I need any clarifications.

One quick question though, how can I use looper on my FCB1010?

Many thanks,
Cheers

Cem

EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...>, 11 Tem 2020 Cmt, 07:32 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

You're going to need to prioritize your needs, and strategize exactly how you want the FCB laid out.
You have 10 buttons and 10 banks of buttons.
The sysex I sent allows easy access to 50 presets.
Having ONE bank set aside for the looper functions further reduces that.
Having the looper functions in EVERY bank requires careful planning for how exactly how you intend to use the FCB/Amplitube.

While you think about that, I'll search for the sysex I created for that purpose the last time this came up.

Something else to think about. The Editor I told you to DL? That was so that you could use it as a tool to install a sysex.
As an Editor it's almost as annoying to use as manual programming.
You want to think about springing for the UNO_ControlCenter Editor ($22). It works with the stock chip and is worth every penny in time saved and hair-pulling avoided.

EJ SHELDON

I can't find the sysex, and when the forum moved from Yahoo all the attachments were lost.
It's easy enough to recreate though.
You'll need 7 buttons, essentially a full bank, for all the functions.
Later today I'll load up Amplitube and refresh my memory as to how I got it to work.

EJ SHELDON

Here's the sysex with the Looper and Recorder commands.

Bank 09, buttons 1-4 start and stop the 4 loops.
Button 5 will play or stop all 4 loops.
Button 9 toggles the AUTO Loop Record function (loops record consecutively and non-stop).
Button 10 toggles the metronome.
Buttons 6-8 are the Recorder Transport controls - Play, Begin/End Record, Rewind.

That's all you get. All the rest of the Looper/Recorder functions are mouse/menu controlled.

EJ SHELDON

Here's a screenshot of the Global Settings screen.

Cem Solak

Many thanks EJ much appreciated. I'll do all of this Monday first thing. Currently I am at my gf's home with no gear.
Regarding Uno  or EurokaProm which one you recommend? I'll definitely buy one of these however  currentLy I have concerns about their shipment toTurkey especially in Corona times :( sometimes thing got stuck in the customs and goes to oblivion :( but I'll definitely sort it out one way or another :)

Thanks again for all the good advice and files
Cheers
Cem

EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...>, 12 Tem 2020 Paz, 01:42 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Here's a screenshot of the Global Settings screen.

EJ SHELDON

Eureka Proms are targeted to specific hardware. If you're using something that they have a chip for, I hear they're great.
UNO is more of a general purpose chip. You can configure it to work with most anything.
For the ULTIMATE in programming flexibility there's the new UNO2 chip. That, however, requires actual programming, not just checking off/filling in boxes in a graphical editor.

If you really like AT4, go for UNO. And get the UNO_ControlCenter Editor.
However, play around with what I've sent, and read up on UNO. You may find that what you've got is all you need. For a while, at least!

And, oh yeah, did I mention - get the UNO_ControlCenter Editor?

Cem Solak

Hi EJ,

I've managed to upload syx file (the amplitube one for the moment but I am sure looper one will also just fine) and use FCB 1010. It is working like a charm :) Many thanks for all your help mate. Otherwise would've spend months and not getting anywhere.

Much appreciated. 🤘 Stay safe.

Cheers
Cem