Topics

FCB1010 and V-AMP

BC <bcproject@...>

Anyone using the (v2.2) FCB1010 with a V-AMP? How should I configure the
FCB1010?

How I would *like* for it work is pretty simple - bank up/down should switch
banks on the V-amp, buttons 1 thru 5 should select presets within that bank.
FS10 should be a tap-tempo, FS6 drive off/on, EXPA - WAH (heel down=off)
EXPB - Volume (or vice-versa - doesn't matter). As for FS 7,8,9 - I guess it
would be nice to turn Delay/Reverb/FX off/on within the patch as well.

This seems *so* basic yet the manual(s) don't really provide any substance
on to *specifically* set this up? Except for the cryptic note: "The factory
presets for your FCB1010 are programmed as follows: banks 0-4 correspond to
the PRESETS of BEHRINGER guitar amplifiers, and banks 5-9 to the presets of
the BEHRINGER V-Amp". [scratches head].

Anyone?

Mike Whitaker

On Friday 22 March 2002 4:29 pm, you wrote:
Anyone using the (v2.2) FCB1010 with a V-AMP? How should I configure the
FCB1010?

How I would *like* for it work is pretty simple - bank up/down should
switch banks on the V-amp, buttons 1 thru 5 should select presets within
that bank. FS10 should be a tap-tempo, FS6 drive off/on, EXPA - WAH
(heel down=off) EXPB - Volume (or vice-versa - doesn't matter). As for
FS 7,8,9 - I guess it would be nice to turn Delay/Reverb/FX off/on
within the patch as well.

This seems *so* basic yet the manual(s) don't really provide any
substance on to *specifically* set this up? Except for the cryptic note:
"The factory presets for your FCB1010 are programmed as follows: banks
0-4 correspond to the PRESETS of BEHRINGER guitar amplifiers, and banks
5-9 to the presets of the BEHRINGER V-Amp". [scratches head].
I think part of the problem with the FCB1010 is it's SO versatile: mine's
currently wasted, really, since it just patch changes my JMP-1, which is
already set up to translate incoming patch changes to different presets,
as is my JFX-1.

How I guess you'd do this is to set FS1 - 5 to transmit patch changes, and
FS 6 (say) to transmit alternating CC values for delay level (and nothing
else), as per the 2.2 EPROM revision manual.

What would be nice:

a) a dump file editor. It's very nice being able to program the beast
standing up, but when you basically want to completely reorganise the way
you use the FCB1010, being able to sit down and edit it at a computer
would be really useful

b) some documentation on the dump format

c) some dump files for different ways of using the FCB1010
--
Mike Whitaker

BC <bcproject@...>

On Friday 22 March 2002 4:29 pm, you wrote:
How I guess you'd do this is to set FS1 - 5 to transmit patch changes, and
FS 6 (say) to transmit alternating CC values for delay level (and nothing
else), as per the 2.2 EPROM revision manual.
Here's something I'm unclear about: when I hit the bank up/down buttons - do
they send 'bank up'/'bank down' messages or am I just changed banks on the
FCB1010?

I know, I know - I'll have to break out the MIDI message monitor on my PC
and begin the detective work.

bradleyfalch <bradleyfalch@...>

Here's something I'm unclear about: when I hit the bank up/down
buttons - do
they send 'bank up'/'bank down' messages or am I just changed banks
on the
FCB1010?
I believe that the FCB just uses this internally and does not send
values. However, if you are in the other switching mode where you
select patches by hitting two pedals (like 1 followed by 0 = 10), it
will send that patch change message after hitting the 0.

If you are still having problems with the switching capability, make
sure the MIDI signal sent for CNT1 and CNT2 are on the same channel,
and that the Control changes are the same number and one sends "on"
and the other "off".

Oh, and pray Behringer makes an editor so we can just send you a
sysex dump for a couple of presets!

-Brad