FCB1010 to Control Global CC's on Amplitube 5


Joseph Hammons
 

Hi again, I am completely new to Midi and trying to use the FCB1010 with UnO firmware 1.0.3 trying to use Amplitube 5 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.2.3.  I can get the FCB1010 to control AmpliTube presets and there are some good YouTube videos on how to use the FCB expression pedals to control Amplitube wah and volume pedals and I have got that to work successfully.  The other key things I wanted to do is to control the LOOPER function and REC and REWIND in the live mode.  I can get LOOPER, to work, but not REC and REWIND.  For LOOPER, I got it to work by using Global Change Control 15 on Preset 34 and then

using Amplitube’s Learn command. 


 

 

 

When I then hit preset 34, it controls the Looper.  However is I clear Amplitube’s global setting and use the Learn command to set preset 34 to REC:


 

Nothing happens.  I have installed Midi Monitor to make sure my Mac is receiving the Midi commands and it is.

 

 

What am I missing or doing wrong?


EJ SHELDON
 

You're not missing anything. The Looper in AT5 does not respond correctly to MIDI commands.
I have a support ticket open. They're ignoring me.
Probably because this is the most bug-ridden release in Amplitube history (been using it since AT2).
I will continue to harass them until they respond.
I'll report back then.


Joseph Hammons
 

Again, unless I’m missing something, it seems the majority of the global CC’s in AT5 don’t work. 


On Mar 25, 2021, at 5:48 PM, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

You're not missing anything. The Looper in AT5 does not respond correctly to MIDI commands.
I have a support ticket open. They're ignoring me.
Probably because this is the most bug-ridden release in Amplitube history (been using it since AT2).
I will continue to harass them until they respond.
I'll report back then.


EJ SHELDON
 

It's only the Looper functions I have a problem with.
Keep in mind that some of the others are Toggling and some are not.
I'm not at home with my FCB, so I can't be more specific from memory.
Which others are you having trouble with?


Joseph Hammons
 

Ed,

I think we are seeing different results.  I can get LOOPER to work as well as WAH and VOLUME.  However I cannot get REC or REWIND to work.  I’m assuming those would record on a selected track  in the 8-Track recorder but nothing happens.

On Mar 25, 2021, at 8:19 PM, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

It's only the Looper functions I have a problem with.
Keep in mind that some of the others are Toggling and some are not.
I'm not at home with my FCB, so I can't be more specific from memory.
Which others are you having trouble with?


George Morssink
 

Hi Joseph,

You say you could get the WAH to work. Also to get the WAH off in a preset?

Regards, 

George

Op vr 26 mrt. 2021 om 16:47 schreef Joseph Hammons <josephahammons@...>

Ed,

I think we are seeing different results.  I can get LOOPER to work as well as WAH and VOLUME.  However I cannot get REC or REWIND to work.  I’m assuming those would record on a selected track  in the 8-Track recorder but nothing happens.

On Mar 25, 2021, at 8:19 PM, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

It's only the Looper functions I have a problem with.
Keep in mind that some of the others are Toggling and some are not.
I'm not at home with my FCB, so I can't be more specific from memory.
Which others are you having trouble with?

--
Vriendelijke groet,

George Morssink


EJ SHELDON
 

I had a few minutes to mess with the recorder functions, which I had previously only briefly tried.
I set up my HX Stomp to send CC#1 for RECORD and CC#2 for PLAY.
Configured thusly, when I press FS1 (CC#1) the recording starts. Press it again and recording stops but the transport continues to run.
Recording resumes from wherever the transport is at when I press FS1 again.
Pressing FS2 (CC#2) stops both the RECORD function and the transport, and returns to Zero.
Pressing FS2 again begins Playback.

It works the same with both Toggling and Non-Toggling CCs, which indicates that it ignores the CC Values.
I reset the HXS and AT5 to use CC#15 for RECORD, still works fine.

I also had another go with the Looper, which seems to have been fixed in the latest update (which could be why they're ignoring me).

Are you on the latest version (5.0.2) of AT5?

The only thing I can't figure at this point is the purpose of the REWIND function. You can't (as far as I can tell) stop the transport at a specific point in the recording, so REWIND seems superfluous.


Joseph Hammons
 

THANKS for all of your help.  Upgraded to 5.0.2 per your comment and everything now works.

On Mar 26, 2021, at 10:31 AM, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

I had a few minutes to mess with the recorder functions, which I had previously only briefly tried.
I set up my HX Stomp to send CC#1 for RECORD and CC#2 for PLAY.
Configured thusly, when I press FS1 (CC#1) the recording starts. Press it again and recording stops but the transport continues to run.
Recording resumes from wherever the transport is at when I press FS1 again.
Pressing FS2 (CC#2) stops both the RECORD function and the transport, and returns to Zero.
Pressing FS2 again begins Playback.

It works the same with both Toggling and Non-Toggling CCs, which indicates that it ignores the CC Values.
I reset the HXS and AT5 to use CC#15 for RECORD, still works fine.

I also had another go with the Looper, which seems to have been fixed in the latest update (which could be why they're ignoring me).

Are you on the latest version (5.0.2) of AT5?

The only thing I can't figure at this point is the purpose of the REWIND function. You can't (as far as I can tell) stop the transport at a specific point in the recording, so REWIND seems superfluous.


EJ SHELDON
 

Rock On!