From: fcb1010@... on behalf of keeler_2000@... [fcb1010]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 1:13 PM
To: fcb1010@...
Subject: [fcb1010] FCB1010 Uno and DMX

Hi,

I bought a used FCB1010 to use for my DMX lights through the Obey 40. It turns out the board has the Uno4Kempler eprom and I cannot use it to drive the Obey. Instead of returning the board, I would like to buy a regular Behringer eprom or if possible, maybe the Uno 1.0.4 or Eureka eprom.

My question is, would the Uno or Eureka chip work for driving the Obey DMX lighting controller? Or do I need the original behringer eprom? Honestly, I can't find a source for the behringer chip and the Uno chip seems to be a good price.

2nd question, does anyone want the Kempler chip?

Thanks,

Jack Fenton

Well since it looks like the Obey40 only reacts to note messages, you could probably use either chip.
If you are on a budget, I'd see if you can find someone to sell you the original Behringer chip for maybe 5 or 10 USD.  I can't imagine it would be worth much more.  The Uno chip is a bit spendier but should work as well. I'm not sure if you can program the Eureka chip for just notes. To handle all scenes and chases, you would need to be able to send 126 different notes. I'm not sure why they don't use note 127 and the manual really doesn't specify the MIDI channel the notes are received on.

keeler_2000@...

Thank you, Guys. I'll look at getting the Uno chip and then sell the Kempler chip on eBay.

Michael King

Hey...I used to have a couple of chips laying around. Let me see if I can find it. If I have them...Ill just send them your way free of charge. Ill get back to you after I do a search to see if I can find them.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:56 PM keeler_2000@... [fcb1010] <fcb1010@...> wrote:

Hi,

I bought a used FCB1010 to use for my DMX lights through the Obey 40. It turns out the board has the Uno4Kempler eprom and I cannot use it to drive the Obey. Instead of returning the board, I would like to buy a regular Behringer eprom or if possible, maybe the Uno 1.0.4 or Eureka eprom.

My question is, would the Uno or Eureka chip work for driving the Obey DMX lighting controller? Or do I need the original behringer eprom? Honestly, I can't find a source for the behringer chip and the Uno chip seems to be a good price.

2nd question, does anyone want the Kempler chip?

Thanks,

F6HQZ

Hi,

Have you the chance to own an eeprom writer/programmer ?
I own one, very practical and easy to play with...
If you have, may be we can exchange the eeprom contents together for
servicing ?

Best Regards,
Francois

I bought a used FCB1010 to use for my DMX lights through the Obey 40. It
turns out the board has the Uno4Kempler eprom and I cannot use it to
drive the Obey. Instead of returning the board, I would like to buy a
regular Behringer eprom or if possible, maybe the Uno 1.0.4 or Eureka eprom.

My question is, would the Uno or Eureka chip work for driving the Obey
DMX lighting controller? Or do I need the original behringer eprom?
Honestly, I can't find a source for the behringer chip and the Uno chip
seems to be a good price.

2nd question, does anyone want the Kempler chip?

Thanks,

---
Cet email a fait l'objet d'une analyse antivirus par AVG.
http://www.avg.com

sirnothing23

+1 for the regular UnO chip - evidenced by the fact that i have a couple of the stock chips sitting around if you want.  PM me with address, and i'll dig one up and send you (in US). I also have Eureka chips.  But i'd suggest go straight to the UnO.  note: "Kemper" (no "L" ) .

keeler_2000@...

Thanks for the generous offers, Mike and SirN. I sent a PM to SirN.

I offered to send him my Kemper chip but if he doesn't want it, I'm willing to send it to anyone else. Once I am satisfied with the performance of the FCB1010 with the original chip, that is....

Thanks again, y'all.