Topics

FCB1010 with no memory.

mmvolunteer@...

Greetings,

New user here. I have researched this problem and found no answer. My FCB1010 loses all memory when the power is cycled. I have confirmed this using a midi monitor program as well as FCB1010 manager. It doesn't make any difference if I program it from the buttons or using the program. If I write to the unit then read it back everything looks fine. Same if I read the output on a midi monitor. Then after turning the switch off, waiting, and turning it back on, one of two results appear. I either get random numbers showing up for the values in the presets (again viewing it in FCB1010 Manager or using a midi monitor) or I get the default values as if I had done a factory reset. I have tried resetting it, that doesn't help. Firmware is stock, version is 2.5.1E. Build date is 2015. Any suggestions? 

EJ SHELDON

Before shutting down, are you holding down the DOWN pedal for a few seconds? This is what performs the actual SAVE.

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:47 PM
To: fcb1010@...
Subject: [fcb1010] FCB1010 with no memory.

Greetings,

New user here. I have researched this problem and found no answer. My FCB1010 loses all memory when the power is cycled. I have confirmed this using a midi monitor program as well as FCB1010 manager. It doesn't make any difference if I program it from the buttons or using the program. If I write to the unit then read it back everything looks fine. Same if I read the output on a midi monitor. Then after turning the switch off, waiting, and turning it back on, one of two results appear. I either get random numbers showing up for the values in the presets (again viewing it in FCB1010 Manager or using a midi monitor) or I get the default values as if I had done a factory reset. I have tried resetting it, that doesn't help. Firmware is stock, version is 2.5.1E. Build date is 2015. Any suggestions?