Topics

FCB101 sends random value Bank Select messages (midi CC 0) with note off messages.

Dale Newton

Hi,

My FCB101 sends Bank Select messages (midi CC 0) of random value (1-127) with every second note off message sent.

This happens on all pedals, and still following a reset. Before resetting it was sending random value midi CC 0x42 (portamento) messages.

So, for example pressing a pedal, you'll get the desired note on message, followed by a note off message. Then pressing again you'll get the desired note on then note off message but along with it comes a Bank Select of random value (eg. B0 00 3B 00).

I see nothing about this in the manual. Anyone recognise this behaviour?

Thanks,
Dale.

Dale Newton

OK now I see it in the manual.  It seems to be the tap tempo function, and it comes along with every other note message because presumably they only put  the note on and off messages for tap-tempo purposes.

Anyone know if these extra CC messages can be disabled to just leave the Note on/off messages.

chrisw_63

I know you can turn Tap Tempo off with the Uno chip, but the manual doesn't say how to turn it off, if you can, with the stock firmware.