Topics

FCB UnO for plugins within Ableton Live

nai direndai

Hi,

I got stuck with a problem that perhaps cannot be solved, as I have a very limited understanding of how MIDI and FCB specifically actualy work.

The controler works perfectly when Im using Guitar Rig, but if I open GR as a plugin within Ableton 10, FCB is detected by Ableton, but it doesnt work within the plugin.

Does anyone have experience with that, or perhaps a better understanding and some guidelines?

Much appreciated,
direndai

Jack Fenton

Hi,
You will likely need to set up Ableton Live to use the FCB1010 for "Track" input in your MIDI settings.
Then set your track for your GR plugin to look as input from FCB1010 (assuming you are using your FCB1010 to send notes).

If you are using FCB1010 to work as a controller for the plugin, you will probably need to manually map the device parameters within Ableton Live for what it is controlling using the MIDI mapping function of Live.
You would then need to set you MIDI settings to "Remote" instead of "Track"

EJ SHELDON

Create a MIDI Track -
MIDI FROM = your MIDI Interface, Channel = FCB Channel (default 1), MIDI 2 = Audio Channel with the Plugin

I don't currently have Guitar Rig installed, so I'm using Amplitube as the example, and I've renamed the Audio track accordingly.

I've attached a screenshot.

Merry Christmas!