Topics

Footswitch 1 Won't Stay On? New User ..

cowen.jared42@...

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the FCB1010 and have already encountered my first problem. The footswitch #1 will not stay lit when I press it. It turns on, but immediately turns off as soon as I let go of it. It is making programming the board extremely frustrating as I never know if it is actually on or not. I have tried factory resetting the board multiple times but have had no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for your help in advance!

Earth.Sky.Surf5@...

Is the firmware the original Behriner or a modified one like the UNO? The original does not have the functionality you are talking about, i.e. a momentary switch.

cowen.jared42@...

Hmm not sure if it’s been modified, I don’t think so but I bought it used. The original version of the behringer
doesnt light up the #1 foot switch? All the tutorials I’ve watched for programming always have the #1 foot switch lit up, but it doesn’t stay lit for me.

All other foot switches can stay lit. #1 will light up if I press it, but as soon as I let go it will turn off, unlike the other 9 switches on the board.

cowen.jared42@...

Bump

Dale Newton

Try following the steps for the various ways you can program the OEM Behringer firmware and see if it lights up / proceeds as it should. If it doesn't, it's probably a different chip in there.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:31 PM <cowen.jared42@...> wrote:
Bump

Earth.Sky.Surf5@...

cowen,
To find out what chip is installed, flip the floor board upside down, unscrew the bottom plate and have a look. The two pictures below show this for my unit which has the original equipment manufacture (OEM) chip from Behringer in it.

So if it says "FCB1010 Vn.m", where n and m are some integers indicating the version number, you have the OEM Behringer chip.