Generic uno2 txt

atrecha@...

Anyone have a generic mapping that I can use to assign pedals as on/off and the expression pedals accordingly in ableton/guitar rig?  Thanks in advance!

alex

David Grosz

Not sure exactly what your looking for but I made this for others so take a look and copy paste into your editor

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 6:48:52 PM PDT, atrecha@... <atrecha@...> wrote:

Anyone have a generic mapping that I can use to assign pedals as on/off and the expression pedals accordingly in ableton/guitar rig?  Thanks in advance!

alex

EJ SHELDON

If you're asking about using GR5 in Ableton, my file that you've already found will work fine.
If you're talking about using Ableton for looping, I posted a file for that too.

atrecha@...

Ill try it out.. Thanks!

Jack.taylor12@...

I'm having issues with BiasFX in ableton. It seems to take two messages to activate a pedal, or a change in a CC message. Any thoughts ? I've found a few channels that don't do this so am using those for now but its irritating. 0 and 120-127 seem to activate with one midi message.

EJ SHELDON

Edited

I'm using v1.6.9.3713 64-bit Professional.
I'm using the file from Ed's UNO2 that I created for Guitar Rig5.
In the Standalone version of BIAS FX, which I hadn't used in ages, I loaded it all up, configured the drivers and MIDI settings, and assigned CCs and Expression pedals without problems. I don't know how that "Generic" file is set up, but it could be that the author is only using a single Value (0 or 127). That would explain why it's needing two presses to get a change. Try my GR5 file.

As to Ableton, before I could get BIASFX to work properly in Ableton I had to get it set up and working in Standalone Mode. IDK why, but once I did that it worked properly. Attached is a screenshot of the configuration in Ableton.

EDIT: playing around with this some more, they haven't changed the MIDI toggle function, it still merely flips the ON/OFF status on receipt of EITHER 127 or zero.
I still hate Positive Grid. What this means to you is that even if the author of the generic control file only used one value, it should work.

atrecha@...

Thanks everyone for all the responses to both my posts.  I’ve been too busy to try your recommendations.   I’ll let you know what the outcome is soon.