Hello - HX Stomp user here.

johannesbusck@...

Hello fellow 1010’ers.

New here, - just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a 45 y.o. guitarist out of Copenhagen, Denmark.

I am not here seeking help, I am here to share my experience with a pedalboard based around the FCB1010 and the HX Stomp.
I have rehoused my FCB1010 twice now! I cut and bent a new housing out of aluminium. I designed it so that the 2 expression pedals are optional, and I can plug them into the main housing if

After a couple of gigs, I felt I could improve the design so I decided to rehouse it again, but as I could pick up a used FCB1010 for around 75$ I decided to make an extra.

This time I made some changes to footswitch layout and overall dimensions, and now it really shines.

For the HX Stomp I modded an old Vox wah, so that it works as the Mission Engineering pedal made for the Stomp. I gutted the wah - put in a 10k pot along with a momentary footswitch (FS5).

I designed the footswitch layout to fit how I use the HX Stomp. 6 footswitches for presets, 3 footswitches for
snapshots and one footswitch to be FS4.

HX Stomp has 3 footswiches along with 2 virtual ones (FS4 & FS5) that can be mapped to external footswiches.

I will gladly share anything if you have questions.
I can link to some photos, if you are interested.

Best regards,
Johannes

cem engin

Hi,J

Thank you for sharing this stuff.

As an obsolete and disputable member of fcb1010, I for one certainly would like to see some pictures.

cheers

On Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:42:23 AM GMT+3, johannesbusck@... [fcb1010] wrote:

[...]

Carl Polke

Hmmm...well Johannes, i would be most interested in some pics! I am right at this minute cutting the expressiont pedals off in order to make them optional... What plugs did you end up using? I am thinking a single 9 pin din should give enough connections to run both pedals (three connections each) leaving three connections for the LEDS...which i'm hoping will work with a shared ground. However, how did you go about it?
Thanks
Carl (from cold wintery Melbourne)

Jude Hernandez

Wow that sounds like a great set up. I would enjoy seeing photos of what you did. Thank you in advance for sharing! I plan on getting the HX Stomp sometime this year.

Johannes B <johannesbusck@...>

I moved the exp. LEDs to the main board, and used mini stereo jacks for the expression pedals. 2nd Rehouse project I use 5-pin DIN (normal MIDI cable) - one for each pedal/LED.

Den fre. 7. jun. 2019 kl. 11.12 skrev carlpolke@... [fcb1010] <fcb1010@...>:

Hmmm...well Johannes, i would be most interested in some pics! I am right at this minute cutting the expressiont pedals off in order to make them optional... What plugs did you end up using? I am thinking a single 9 pin din should give enough connections to run both pedals (three connections each) leaving three connections for the LEDS...which i'm hoping will work with a shared ground. However, how did you go about it?

Thanks
Carl (from cold wintery Melbourne)

johannesbusck@...

New here, so I hope you can see the photo.

Carl Polke

Cheers thanks for the info.

I think i'm not actually going to worry about those LEDs, just leave them out. In the many years i've had the FCB1010, i don't think i've referenced them even once! This way i can use a single 6 pin din plug etc. Been running it with UNO chip, controlling Guitar Rig, then AXE FX II and other bits and pieces along the way.

Great work on the re-house, looks great! Must do something like that myself someday.