Topics

Help

Reginaldo Frazatto Jr.

Hello everyone!

I had my FCB1010 stored for many years and thought I would never use it but an iPad and all the new guitar apps changed everything.
I am using UnO 1.0.4 and downloaded some SysEx files from the group and finally was able to control THU, Amplitube and ToneStack fairly well.
But the problem started when ToneStack started to shut down after changing presets and turning stomps on and off. I read the this might be related to CC messages.
Using FCB1010Stetup I tried to create an SysEx to solve the problem. This is still very confusing to me.
At the end I forgot to save the SysEx that was working well (with THU and Amplitube) and cannot recreate it.
Can someone help me?
 I used a midi monitor to record what I had before and what I have now, when I press foot switch 1.

before

now

Thanks.

chrisw_63

Any chance you could use a different MIDI monitor?  I've never seen that one, but MIDI OX and Protokol are good ones for PC.  Also, include what you wanted the preset to send (I assume it was the PC message, but it's hard to tell for sure).

The one you used is substituting names for the CC numbers, but many MIDI device manufacturers ignore the standards.  For instance, the one it calls Portamento Control is probably CC 84 - if it used the standard.  But it calls what I think is CC 05 "General Purpose", which ignores the standard "Portamento Time", so who knows what they used to name them!  Likewise, CC 07 and CC 08, also called General Purpose, are Channel Volume and Balance.  And Channel Volume (CC 07) is one of the standards that pretty much everyone stuck with.  Since they aren't using that name, it makes me suspicious as to the rest, and wondering if it's one of the MIDI monitors that filters things out it doesn't understand.

Reginaldo Frazatto Jr.

Hello.

Thanks for your response.
I realised that the stompboxes buttons for my SysEx on the FCB1010editor were on the NC position. All I had to do was to change al of them to OFF and the CCs were sent to the iPad again.

Thanks.

On 11 Aug 2020, at 11:36, Reginaldo Frazatto Jr. <regifraz@...> wrote:

Hello everyone!

I had my FCB1010 stored for many years and thought I would never use it but an iPad and all the new guitar apps changed everything.
I am using UnO 1.0.4 and downloaded some SysEx files from the group and finally was able to control THU, Amplitube and ToneStack fairly well.
But the problem started when ToneStack started to shut down after changing presets and turning stomps on and off. I read the this might be related to CC messages.
Using FCB1010Stetup I tried to create an SysEx to solve the problem. This is still very confusing to me.
At the end I forgot to save the SysEx that was working well (with THU and Amplitube) and cannot recreate it.
Can someone help me?
 I used a midi monitor to record what I had before and what I have now, when I press foot switch 1.

before
<before.png>

now
<now.png>