Topics

Help with simple start stop programming

walfried@...

Hi all,
I want to control (Start-Stop)a simple metronome (Boss DB-90) with the FCB1010.
It only has the following mentioned in the manual.

System Real-Time Message

Timing Clock Status    F8H

Start Status                  FAH

Continue Status           FBH

Stop Status                  FCH

Active Sensing Status  FEH

How can I program the FCB1010 to do this I'm a newby in midi and FCB1010 any help is appriciated .

Kind regards

Walfried

rmilby@...

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 09:06 PM, <walfried@...> wrote:
System Real-Time Message
MIDI Implementation Version: 1.00
1.Receive Data
System Real-Time Message
Timing ClockStatus     F8H
StartStatus                  FAH
ContinueStatus            FBH
StopStatus                   FCH
Active SensingStatus   FEH

Yikes!  You said  "any help is appreciated"  ...
In your post I could not read "
System Real-Time Message" which for our purposes, and int the manual, are Control Change (CC) Messages.
The values above are hexidecimal  F8H , is the hexidecimal number F8, or 0xf8 if you are a programmer.
In some midi table it would be shown as 1111 1000  the binary codes for F & 8

I think others will be better able to help you with programming. You could help by letting us know if you have found the manual https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html, and seen the programming video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYNND5nMWhc

Learning to program this thing can be challenging. I have my pedal connected to my Linux computer, and I have a program "midisnoop"  that can monitor the messages. It made finding my mistakes much easier.

I'm afraid that is not  the quick answer you hoped for, but I hope it helps.

Jack Fenton

I don't think even UNO2 can send these messages.  Message that can be sent are
- Note ON Note Off
- CC
- Program Change
- SysEX
The message you are talking about are transport messages. The only pedal I can think of that can do this is the Nektar Pacer. There may be other.
You would need to run your FCB-1010 to some sort of translator to get the messages you want.

I DID put a request in for UNO2 to add "RAW" messages (without the F0 F7).  I would think it wouldn't be too hard but who knows.

uno@...

I use these messages successfully in UnO2:

  • SendRealtime MIDIClock 110 BPM
  • SendRealtime MIDIStop
  • SendRealtime MIDIStart

Works great!

Jack Fenton

Ah yes, it supports Start, Stop and Continue but it looks like only the TinyBox supports MIDI clock.

walfried@...

Thank you all for the help, I ordered the uno2 chip yesterday, as soon as it arrives I will test it.
Thanks again.