Topics

How to lower Exp. pedal's volume of stock FCB1010?

Rosen Canev

Dear community,

I'd like to lower Exp. pedal parameters ( pedal B) of my stock chip FCB1010. From Guitar Rig 5's controller menu I choose PRESET VOLUME but there I can see only 5 options: Volume, Dry Volume, Wet Volume, Mix, Pre Rack Mixing. I know that pedal's range is 0 -127 but when playing a song I'd like to increase volume a little bit, for example from 30 - 100.  Can I do this through Guitar Rig's controller menu, or there is another way?

EJ SHELDON

In the controller, right below MENU, there's a two ended slider. Drag the ends Left/Right to create a range. See Attached screenshot.

Rosen Canev

Thank you very much!

EJ SHELDON

De Nada!

chrisw_63

Are you using Guitar Rig standalone, or as a plugin?  If a plugin, you have to do all MIDI assignment through the DAW, or on the FCB1010 itself.  For Standalone, I can't find any information.  I do Not have GR5 myself, so I can't help much there.

You can do it by reprogramming the FCB1010.  I'm going to assume you know how, but if not, let us know which editor you're using, and someone can step you through it.  Select a preset (footswitch and bank) to use and find the Exp Pedal settings for that preset.  Enter 30 as the lower 'Value' parameter and 100 as the upper. These are usually set to 0 and 127.  If you want to be able to change the expression pedal back to full range, just use a different preset and program the default numbers.

Rosen Canev

EJ Sheldon explained it very well for Guitar Rig standalone and I did it, but I'd like to do all MIDI assignments through the DAW ( I am using REAPER) but I have no idea how to do it step by step.

By the way, yesterday I ordered UNO chip, because I am with the stock one.

EJ SHELDON

Create a MIDI track with your MIDI interface (the FCB) as INPUT.
Create a SEND in the MIDI track pointed at your GR5 Track.
ARM both tracks.

Rosen Canev

Thanks bro! You helped me a lot. Respect!

EJ SHELDON

When you get your UNO chip, follow the directions and beware of static!
I'm also going to recommend getting the UNO_ControlCenter Editor.
It's the best. Worth the $22. You'll thank me later.
Lastly, be aware that the UNO function of sending the Stomp pedals' CC#s on Preset Load doesn't work with GR5.
I'm not SURE why, but I THINK it's because GR5 ignores CC#s sent with PC#s.
Attached is a ControlCenter sysex for GR5.
Have Fun!