Topics

Need Help FCB1010 + AT4 on Logic Pro X

Cem Solak

Hi Guys,

I need help. I'm using FCB1010 with Amplitude 4 in a standalone fashion and thanks to syx files I get from you it works perfectly. However when I open AT4 as a plug-in on Logic Pro X, it does not see FCB1010 and when I press buttons on FCB, nothing happens. (Btw I am new to Apple and Logic Pro) is there any way or settings on Logic to solve that issue, or do I need to do something else? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Cem

Nic Marin

It’s not a big deal...

Logic pro uses MIDI channel 1 to transmit/receive all MIDI signals from your MIDI network. This said, if your FCB1010 is sending signals through channel 1, they are all mixed with Logic Pro IAC midi signals.

All you have to do is to change your FCB1010 MIDI channel to any other channel available different of channel 1, let’s say channel 2 and also Amplitube to receive MIDI signals in the same channnel.

This should work...

Regards

Nic

On Wed 23 Sep 2020 at 14:43 Cem Solak <cem.solak@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I need help. I'm using FCB1010 with Amplitude 4 in a standalone fashion and thanks to syx files

I get from you it works perfectly. However when I open AT4 as a plug-in on Logic

Pro X, it does not see FCB1010 and when I press buttons on FCB, nothing happens.

(Btw I am new to Apple and Logic Pro) is there any way or settings on Logic to

solve that issue, or do I need to do something else? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Cem

Cem Solak

Many thanks for your reply and how I am gonna do that? As I said before I am new to mac and logc pro :(

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Cem

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020, 23:10 Nic Marin <nmarinel57@...> wrote:
[...]

EJ SHELDON

Edited

Logic will never see the FCB1010. It WILL see the MIDI interface that it's connected to. I'm not sure how Logic works, but most DAWs require you to bring in the MIDI signals on a MIDI track, then point the Output of that track at the track where AT4 is loaded.
You only have to worry the MIDI Channel if something you're sending from the FCB is also assigned to the Logic UI. If Logic does strange things when you operate the FCB, go into the FCB Global settings and change the global MIDI channel to something other than Channel 1.

Cem Solak

Hi Ej

I did that, I've changed my FCB1010's midi channel as "2" by using on-board controllers (footswitches, no editor used) still, no joy :( any other suggestions?

Cheers
Cem

EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...>, 24 Eyl 2020 Per, 04:40 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

[Edited Message Follows]

Logic will never see the FCB1010. It WILL see the MIDI interface that it's connected to. I'm not sure how Logic works, but most DAWs require you to bring in the MIDI signals on a MIDI track, then point the Output of that track at the track where AT4 is loaded.
You only have to worry the MIDI Channel if something you're sending from the FCB is also assigned to the Logic UI. If Logic does strange things when you operate the FCB, go into the FCB Global settings and change the global MIDI channel to something other than Channel 1.

EJ SHELDON

That wasn't my only suggestion. That just prevents the MIDI from the FCB from interfering with the built-in LOGIC functions.
Set up a MIDI track to bring in MIDI from the INTERFACE that the FCB is connected to, then send the OUTPUT of that track to the AUDIO track that AT4 is inserted on.
Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like in Ableton LIVE.

Cem Solak

Hi Ej sorry for the late response work was hectic. :(

Actually I find out two solutions but none of them completely solve my issues

Solution one: (I think it is similar to what you meant. This guys video

Remaining Problem:

I can control AT4 with already existing (stand-alone mode) midi settings yet when I record guitar on Logic it records clean audio file only, not the Midi channel I've linked to audio like a/m video does.

Solution 2: This guy's video

Remaining Problem:

When I shut down the program, (Logic) every setting I made is gone. Once I re-open Logic I had to start over and re-set footswitch. It does not matter whether I save the project or not. No change, still settings are gone.

Do you have any suggestions any of the above solutions or am I missing something?

Cheers and many thanks for every help you've made so far. Much appreciated.

Cem

EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...>, 1 Eki 2020 Per, 04:43 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

That wasn't my only suggestion. That just prevents the MIDI from the FCB from interfering with the built-in LOGIC functions.
Set up a MIDI track to bring in MIDI from the INTERFACE that the FCB is connected to, then send the OUTPUT of that track to the AUDIO track that AT4 is inserted on.
Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like in Ableton LIVE.

EJ SHELDON

Problem 1 - The AUDIO track will ONLY record AUDIO. To record the MIDI info, you need to record the MIDI track also. Refer to my screenshot attached above. Set BOTH tracks to RECORD.

Problem 2 - What settings are you referring to? Your AT4 MIDI settings should be the same for both standalone and VST, and reflect the assignments saved in the FCB. Changes made to the VST (active preset, AT4 AUDIO settings) are (or should be) saved by Logic when you save the project. If you mean changes to the FCB, they will not be saved in Logic, they need to be saved on the FCB itself, and AT4 needs to be configured to respond accordingly to the FCB settings.

Remember that the MIDI track serves to bring the MIDI info from the FCB into the DAW. The settings in the DAW MIDI track CHANNEL the MIDI to the VST on the AUDIO track. If you RECORD  BOTH the AUDIO AND MIDI tracks, they'll playback in sync, and the recorded MIDI will be sent to AT4 on the AUDIO track.

As mentioned, I don't use Logic. Various DAWs have different switches (usually the TRACK MONITOR or whatever Logic calls it) that may need to be set differently to RECORD vs PLAYBACK. When you PLAYBACK, you need to AT LEAST disable RECORD on both tracks, or the track will be written over. Other switches in Logic I can't help you with. Maybe someone here who uses Logic will be able to help with that. You might want to start a new thread called NEED HELP WITH LOGIC PRO X.

Cem Solak

Hi EJ
An update regarding PROBLEM 2 on my previous mail.

Update: "Locate the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file found HD>Library>Preferences.
Copy that file somewhere, if your control surface settings have vanished replace that file with your copy."

follow that advice and worked well   just wanted you to give an update.

I will also try your proposal on Midi Channel - Audio Channel link thing and let you know.

Anyway thanks for all the help. Cheers :)