Topics

NightBass Questions

motheius

Hi,

I just purchased the FCB1010 and there are 3 issues I am having with
it.

1. There is the PC +1 ``problem'' I am searching through old postings
message boards and I have sent in a request to Behringer support so
eventually I will find an answer but if someone would like to provide
me
with a way to remove the +1 I would appreciate it. (off line e-mail is
OK for this)

2. I have a NightBASS by art and I can not seem to get either Volume
or
FX to be manipulated by the continuous data pedals on the right side
of
the FCB1010.

3. How can I tell which software version I am running ?

Thanks,

Mike Whitaker

On Friday 22 March 2002 9:26 am, you wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased the FCB1010 and there are 3 issues I am having with
it.
1. There is the PC +1 ``problem'' I am searching through old postings
to message boards and I have sent in a request to Behringer support so
eventually I will find an answer but if someone would like to provide
me with a way to remove the +1 I would appreciate it. (off line e-mail is
OK for this)
I suspect the best thing to do is for some dedicated person (*grin*) to
provide a SYSEX file with the program changes reassigned to eliminate this
problem.

2. I have a NightBASS by art and I can not seem to get either Volume
or FX to be manipulated by the continuous data pedals on the right side
of the FCB1010.
Do you have a MIDI implementation chart for it?

3. How can I tell which software version I am running ?
Open the lid and look at the sticker on the EPROM - there are 14 screws,
as detailed in the upgrade manual, to remove on the base to get in.
--
Mike Whitaker

motheius

2. I have a NightBASS by art and I can not seem to get either
Volume
or FX to be manipulated by the continuous data pedals on the
right side
of the FCB1010.
Do you have a MIDI implementation chart for it?
Yes, in the Nightbass manual there is one that looks like a mirror to
the FCB1010 so I would imagine they should talk to each other.
I have posted the Nightbass manual at
http://www.wrathofgod.com/nightbass/

3. How can I tell which software version I am running ?
Open the lid and look at the sticker on the EPROM - there are 14
screws,
as detailed in the upgrade manual, to remove on the base to get in.
--
Mike Whitaker
OK. That doesn't seem to user friendly. I am OK to open a lid to
anything, I deal with unix systems for a living, but this isn't the
best solution for the average musician.

Also, were you requesting that I send a SYSex dump of the NightBass?
I am not sure I could do this but will do some reading to see if I
can.

Thanks for the responces.

motheius

2. I have a NightBASS by art and I can not seem to get either
Volume
or
FX to be manipulated by the continuous data pedals on the right
side
of
the FCB1010.
So I found a solution to my problem. I don't like it but here goes.

The Two Expression pedals on the FCB1010 are Controller # 7 and # 14
from left to right. The ART Nightbass is set up by default to look at
Controller #4 and #11 on each patch that has real-time MIDI control
(The ART x-15's pedals are #4 and #11 by default).

So it seems my options are to either:

1. Modify each patch on the Night bass to accept input from
Controller #7 and #14

or

2. Modify each patch on the FCB1010 so that the expression
controllers are #4 and #11

I don't really like either solution at the moment and I looked in the
global set up and there doesn't seem to be a way to permanately
modify the expression pedals to be Controller #4 and #11.