Topics

Page Turns with FCB1010 Switches

jayvee

Hello, newbie here.  I haven't even taken my FCB out of the box, but I have both the UNO chip as well as the TinyBox and chip - but haven't started playing with them yet.

Right now I use an AirTurn product to do music page turns on my tablet or PC (via bluetooth).  Is there a way to assign the FCB1010 pedals to accomplish page turns?

Thanks!

Jay

jayvee

To clarify, I mean the switches, not the expression pedals.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020, 5:19 PM Jay Vilhauer via groups.io <jay.vilhauer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, newbie here.  I haven't even taken my FCB out of the box, but I have both the UNO chip as well as the TinyBox and chip - but haven't started playing with them yet.

Right now I use an AirTurn product to do music page turns on my tablet or PC (via bluetooth).  Is there a way to assign the FCB1010 pedals to accomplish page turns?

Thanks!

Jay

David Grosz

On Friday, July 17, 2020, 5:19:36 PM PDT, Jay Vilhauer <jay.vilhauer@...> wrote:

Hello, newbie here.  I haven't even taken my FCB out of the box, but I have both the UNO chip as well as the TinyBox and chip - but haven't started playing with them yet.

Right now I use an AirTurn product to do music page turns on my tablet or PC (via bluetooth).  Is there a way to assign the FCB1010 pedals to accomplish page turns?

Thanks!

Jay

jayvee

Thanks David.  Yes, I have seen the TinyBox demo video you linked, and that indeed does show it turning pages, but that's from within the tiny box status server, which requires dedicated image files for display of the sheet music.

I was wondering if there's a way to program page up down functionality for another app on the device (laptop, for example) the FCB is connected to thru USB or MIDI.

Jack Fenton

You probably need to get something to convert MIDI messages to keystrokes like Bome MIDI Translator Pro.

Earth.Sky.Surf5@...

If your page turner responds to computer keyboard short cuts, then try MidiStroke [1] it is free. It can translate a specific continuous controller message to a series of computer keyboard strokes. MidiStroke is only for the Mac computers however.